Desircustoms

Chinese shoe patcher problem, help please.

I'm starting a thread to see if someone can help, seems no one who knows about these clones is willing to help me. 

The patcher has been rebuilt, when i bought it, it worked fine, but  when i got home i couldnt get it to function properly, it seems its out of timing, ive messed around a bit with it, and found that the timing is done by removing/rotating the bobbin carrier; is that correct?

I think it's set up the right way, the bobbin turns counter clockwise pulling on thread, and i turn the hand wheel clockwise, but i feel theres something wrong with upper end, sometimes when i pulled the thread, right before it goes it the needle, it breaks from inside the rotating cylinder, but most of time it pulls freely, think its something with the thread spool holder, as the tension knob is very loose

I made a small video, hopefully someone can help me out.

https://youtu.be/W2OiyJnNYDQ

Thanks in advance.

The shuttle timing is way retarded. The hook should be picking off the loop much sooner. Perhaps the driving pinion gear came loose in transport, throwing off the timing.

The hook should pickup the loop just after the needle moves all the way down, then slightly up and halts.

Yes, as I understand it, the hook on the shuttle should turn clockwise no further than just past the needle, and begin a new rotation cycle from there.  It should turn counter clockwise to pick up the thread from the needle, forming a loop, and then carry the loop counterclockwise well more than 180 degrees before the shuttle stops traveling in that direction, so that the hook at the end of travel has gone more than halfway round and is returning back to the needle.  From there the loop should be pulled over the shuttle and past the shuttle carrier spring, by the thread being withdrawn by and through the needle, while the shuttle returns clockwise and resets for a new cycle.

So the first step would probably be to get the shuttle to move the way it should, and then see if the thread starts interacting correctly with the shuttle.

Have any of the pinion gears or racks, the shuttle carrier, or the set screw that connects the shuttle carrier to the driving pinion been disassembled and reassembled?

On December 2, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Constabulary said:

I don´t know what sort of patcher machine that is but it is not a Singer 29K60. I GUESS it is one of these rough Chinese patchers, right? Like this one - see linked thread?

If it is the above check with LW Member Darren Brosowski he is selling them.

On December 7, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Wizcrafts said:

The shuttle timing is way retarded. The hook should be picking off the loop much sooner. Perhaps the driving pinion gear came loose in transport, throwing off the timing.

The hook should pickup the loop just after the needle moves all the way down, then slightly up and halts.

23 hours ago, Constabulary said:

maybe this one helps you - he has more Chinese patcher videos

23 hours ago, Harfindel said:

Yes, as I understand it, the hook on the shuttle should turn clockwise no further than just past the needle, and begin a new rotation cycle from there.  It should turn counter clockwise to pick up the thread from the needle, forming a loop, and then carry the loop counterclockwise well more than 180 degrees before the shuttle stops traveling in that direction, so that the hook at the end of travel has gone more than halfway round and is returning back to the needle.  From there the loop should be pulled over the shuttle and past the shuttle carrier spring, by the thread being withdrawn by and through the needle, while the shuttle returns clockwise and resets for a new cycle.

So the first step would probably be to get the shuttle to move the way it should, and then see if the thread starts interacting correctly with the shuttle.

Have any of the pinion gears or racks, the shuttle carrier, or the set screw that connects the shuttle carrier to the driving pinion been disassembled and reassembled?

18 hours ago, dikman said:

This might help you set the bobbin carrier.

Ok thanks, much appreciated!

I will tangle on this later on will update as it goes.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:37 AM, Wizcrafts said:

Hey now Wiz - I don't think you can say that anymore, I think you need to say it like "The shuttle timing has special needs". The shuttle timing is rotationally challenged".

Shuttles are sensitive ....

This is easy to fix.

Take out the shuttle and shuttle driver

turn the hand wheel until the needle is at the bottom and keep going until it just starts to move up.

The shuttle driver goes back in with the raised section up against the needle. Roughly two thirds in front and one third behind.

That should fix it

there are a few machines about that work in this way, they have a few teeth that mesh together, sometimes thru fairly poor tolerances they can jump a tooth and the timing is then out, you just lift out the driver as Darren says and plonk it back down in a better spot......but rebuilt or not, it may happen again.

1 minute ago, Singermania said:

there are a few machines about that work in this way, they have a few teeth that mesh together, sometimes thru fairly poor tolerances they can jump a tooth and the timing is then out, you just lift out the driver as Darren says and plonk it back down in a better spot......but rebuilt or not, it may happen again.

Poor tolerances? The ABLE290 is made with the finest of precision engineering - well, as good as you can get using a hammer and chisel

:lol:..........btw, rebuilt to many sewing machine dealers and resellers means pouring some oil in the holes....

Edited by Singermania

1 hour ago, Singermania said:

:lol:..........btw, rebuilt to many sewing machine dealers and resellers means pouring some oil in the holes....

You mean I'm supposed to do more than just put oil everywhere............

lets just say that professionally rebuilding one of these would be like rebuilding a spoon....you could do it but...why?

7 minutes ago, Singermania said:

lets just say that professionally rebuilding one of these would be like rebuilding a spoon....you could do it but...why?

:17:    :rofl:

No words needed - you pretty much hit a dozen nails with 1 hammer

Edited by Constabulary