ZigZag

Highlead 441 clone

I've been looking at the 441 clones that you have available in the US which all look similar, but none of which are available in the U.K. The only one I can find available here is this: http://www.highlead.co.uk/highlead-GA2688.html

there are clear differences in the casting shape, bobbin winder position etc. So I'm guessing made by a different Chinese factory.

does any one know if this has the same inner workings as the Cowboy 4500, Cobra C4, Techsew 5100 etc. I can't seem to find any customer feed back and the store is closed till Jan.

Thanks

Nick

In the "for what it's worth" category, I purchased a Highlead 3 step zigzag machine to fill a void until my Juki arrived. It lasted 3 months in a factory setting. Worst machine I've ever seen for worksmanship. Nearly every major bushing had play in it right from the start. Not sure if it was a lemon, but I scrapped the machine as soon as my Juki arrived.

Regards, Eric

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Nick - can´t help you with details but I wonder if you already have a price for this machine incl. tax.

They are closed for Christmas so I can't get a price til Jan 3rd. But I'll keep you posted.

im also pondering the Global copy of the Adler 205.

Or possibly import one from the US

Edited by ZigZag
Spelling

1 hour ago, gottaknow said:

In the "for what it's worth" category, I purchased a Highlead 3 step zigzag machine to fill a void until my Juki arrived. It lasted 3 months in a factory setting. Worst machine I've ever seen for worksmanship. Nearly every major bushing had play in it right from the start. Not sure if it was a lemon, but I scrapped the machine as soon as my Juki arrived.

Regards, Eric

Mmmm, that sounds troublesome. There is a lot to be said for spending good money on good quality, but my funds are limited to Chinese sadly. I've looked at older machines, but worry about ongoing costs for worn out stuff. I've good things about the Cowboy, Techsew & Cobra, but they don't seem to be available in the UK. And the Juki is big bucks.

11 minutes ago, ZigZag said:

They are closed for Christmas so I can't get a price til Jan 3rd. But I'll keep you posted.

im also pondering the Global copy of the Adler 205.

Or possibly import one from the US

The Global 205 is around $4800US inc uk taxes.

Been days looking and have now come across this

http://www.jbsewing.com/typical-tw3-441

which looks like it could be the sale as the Techsew & Cobra

Sorry if I'm wasting everyone's time, but just found an excellent thread regarding this right here.

an interesting read.

Despite your living in the UK, aside from shipping, motor voltage conversion and any import duty, is there a reason why you couldn't import a Cowboy CB4500 from the USA or Australia, from the authorized dealers/representatives? Your Pound is worth more than the USD. You might come out ahead of the game and get a properly inspected and setup machine that can sew out of the box (after assembling the stand, etc).

we also have dealers in Germany like Sieck.de or Frank Brunnet who sell Hightex (Cowboy) machines

http://www.fbn24.de/epages/64180611.sf/de_DE/?ObjectID=34606502&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=441

Frank Brunnet also sells on Ebay and accepts offers:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cowboy-Hightex-CB-4500-leather-sewing-machine-Sattlermaschine-/222356209782?hash=item33c5768076:g:3rIAAOSwstxVW6ak

Since GB is still a EU member you don´t have to pay any custom fees.

Edited by Constabulary

16 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Despite your living in the UK, aside from shipping, motor voltage conversion and any import duty, is there a reason why you couldn't import a Cowboy CB4500 from the USA or Australia, from the authorized dealers/representatives? Your Pound is worth more than the USD. You might come out ahead of the game and get a properly inspected and setup machine that can sew out of the box (after assembling the stand, etc).

This is definitely an option I'm looking at Wiz. I have asked Cowboy for a delivery cost and am awaiting a response. 

I serviced a poorly maintained Highlead 441 and it was in very good condition.

There is a big difference between the home environment and what Eric does as he needs machines to sew constantly at 4000spm

Have you tried contacting industrial sewing machine distributers such as Tyson's, Hobkirk or Braitwaite?

10 hours ago, Darren Brosowski said:

I serviced a poorly maintained Highlead 441 and it was in very good condition.

There is a big difference between the home environment and what Eric does as he needs machines to sew constantly at 4000spm

The Highlead  zig-zag was supposed to be a high speed garment machine, and was advertised as such. I had pretty low expectations, but still had to put a smaller pulley on it to slow it down. I even had to slow it down more with the control box. The needle bar bushing had so much play in it, it's a wonder it worked at all. The overall build quality was honestly the worst I'd ever seen in a new machine. When my new Juki arrived, it took off from day one at high speed and I never had to fuss with it. Huge difference. Hopefully some of their other machines for slow speed leather sewing are ok. It was also half the price of the Juki, so there's that. My dealer had warned me, but I was in dire need of the machine, so it did buy me some time until my Juki arrived. In our leather factory in Seattle, we buy Juki's and Adlers primarily.

Regards, Eric

2 hours ago, Matt S said:

Have you tried contacting industrial sewing machine distributers such as Tyson's, Hobkirk or Braitwaite?

Hi Matt, yes I'm in touch with Braithwait and awaiting a cost. On Christmas break at the moment I think. Hobkirk stock the Global 205 (Adler Copy)

JB Sewing stock the Typical 441, but are also on Christmas break.

have you bought one of these in the uk?

I haven't bought one no but I will potentially be in the market for a similar cylinder arm machine this coming year.

AE Sewing also advertise the Global 9205, not sure on the price though.

I'm hoping to have something in place by end of Feb. This is a 50th Birthday present to myself.

im looking at  Typical 441 (This could come from US or possibly Uk, got to look at the prices, Highlead GA2688-1, Global WF9205, Seiko CH8B, I think the last 2 are out of budget. I found a Used Juki in the UK for £3600 (I could buy a new motorbike for that. Crazy.

I will report back when I can get some prices next week.