mixmkr

Reliable Sewquiet servo motor

https://reliablecorporation.com/products/sewquiet-6000sm-servomotor

I have this and the 5000, its' predecessor.   I bought them, at a point in my knowledge level, that I just "needed" a servo motor at the time.   Wondering how it stacks up to other brands, etc.   I must say I like them and they seem to do the job, but I have nothing to compare, except the monster clutch motors I replaced.  I tried adjusting, feathering, pulley reduction for about 3 months until I cried "Uncle".  Couldn't just do TWO stitches reliably without doing more.  The Servos....these Sew Quiet ....  They kinda 'grunt" when I do 10 layers of Sunbrella at super slow speed....but once I'm going, it plows right thru.  6 layers or less, it's very responsive and moves my JUKI along fine.  550 watt (the 5000 is 600 watt) and 3/4 HP each.  Seems typical.  Seems I paid around $170 or so a couple years back with free shipping.

Is this for sale?

I think the company started and got a line out pretty quick in the servo motor segment, and made more of a market.

Most others similar at and below their price level followed or rode the marketing of the technology with the marketing of help of many other big dogs in my opinion and that's biz.

Seems to me the electric controller is the tough nut here, as many operators want more of a ramp in their start speed and I'm no different.  There are some tweaks known for the 5000 and their similar market types in controllers, its not for the faint of heart.  Some of late mods look great fwiw.

The 5000 had an option of smaller pulley's and that is a big plus I think, no-matter what one is doing in or out of factory production and piece work.  Most experienced operators from listening replace with a servo when a clutch motor fails I think.  With that, they could make them really do whatever they wanted is all I know or understood. I have some on a shelf, in new perfect shape. I can say with experience old ones don't bring much at the scrapper, maybe enough for a quick x small breakfast.

Many servos are available without fancy motor covers, that used to include a controller in housing so now some are used and available for different machine installs. Also this made for some different tweaks in treadle or handle start ideas or whathavya's  (yes that's a word). just you wait till next year ; )

I found the newer 6000 comes with a smaller pulley, though I'm not recalling if its as small with the other option pulleys the older motors models.  I find the start seems a hair better as far as ramping up, but this is a learning curve also with these motors ( they want to be at a higher speed ).

The use of these servos in standard install still gets one to use the pulley for perfect needle position and that's a bit different feel no doubt, and so a task in learning.  Some owners op to try or commit to a needle positioner and like its functions, others not so much. In my opinion these all could use some old tech from mitsubishi positioners from clutch motors as one I still have in main usage. I cannot say in tech language whats the difference but will say clearly one stitch means one stitch not 2 :)

Some of the controlers  may now be heading towards a magnetic type or something similar to that in their start or ramping up of speed.

One can look around in guugle for servo motors with several brands and make a purchase because the price is great along with minimal weight to shipping cost. There's no doubt been some really cool builds with these motors on other machines, so in all they are great motors and will just get better with their controls in their present price range.

good day

Floyd

You could try to loosen the belt alittle that frees up some power @ low speeds.

biker...yes this is for sale and I own two of the Sewquiet motors myself (not for sale).   I also bought a 50mm pulley for them...but seems the 6000 came with one.  It was an odd size shaft...metric I believe and had to hunt a little to get a pulley that would fit as they weren't that readily available.

Cowboy...  I guess you're saying allow some slippage, so the motor turns a tad...  then catches.  That might work

I know Sailrite proudly touts their servos and even use a cogged belt, plus their larger handwheel on the machine for momentum.   I order a lot from Sailrite for my supplies, but kinda feel their machines fall a little short and the extra money spent is worth it in the long run.  Their service is stellar though and you can chat with them online anytime.  I don't stock supplies, because I can get it from them in 2 days.

Off subject... they replaced their Sailrite 111 with the "Fabricator".... supposedly a couple of 111 upgrades. http://www.sailrite.com/Sewing-Machines/Industrial-Sewing-Machines/Sailrite-Fabricator-Sewing-Machine

No,you want the belt to have about 1" of play,if it slips it's too loose & will wear it out quickly.

oh...OK... I guess you're original thinking was I had the belt tension too tight then??  Seems OK actually...proabably about that 1".  The motors just "wimper" when I hit a 12 layer Sunbrella seam ( I usually pound the seam with my leather hammer to flatten it to fit under the feet!).  That's if I stop JUST before the seam and get ready to make "the jump"!

thx again

Some minor testing here today with a 1508 with a 5000SQ and 50mm smallest oem option pulley, and a 1341 with the 6000 and running its 60mm standard included pulley, both outside measurements and where both the belts ride a hair above. no reducing system pulleys

I will say first that one is running a 190 sys #19 needle in the 1508, and this will clear to sew .550" Veg tan or equivalent Top Gun canvas, (this prevents needle bar from hitting foot at this sew thickness ), as foam and some cording etc etc and really my only gripe so use this setup.  Its clear I'm not using this setup for this heavy stuff as today, and these both are standard point needles for textile normally, so with that just some interesting facts here.

2nd  the 1341 is a bit different with the cylinder and I couldn't tell anyone what gear reduction stuff n stuff is different in the compounding torques bottom side but tops are same, so that should cover the way out theres.:unsure:

Anyway the 60 mm pulley may well be the difference as the 1341 w/6000 sq, it grunts much more on a start and at very slow sewing/punching of either at .460" thickness of either materials mentioned and more so with the coated textile actually, fwiw. 

Oh ya thread in these today is solarfix 2000, a 92 size

I wont hesitate here and really wished I had more of the same stuff as needle system and same pulleys at minimum but hey, we will have to chalk it up with a tooth pic talk.

So the 1508 with the 5000sq and using the smaller pulley walks through the .550" pretty darn easy, yep that was .550 or 6 of 6oz and measured, though the motor is a bit more hidden under the table its not grunting and punches the veg tan and equivalent top gun w/no sweat. I can say the 6000 may well save itself easier as if it senses a slippage (say with a positioner) it puts itself in a no go operation! and requires a on/off reset, I mention this only because the other 5000 has never encountered that status.

In these check today I did as ya see reduce the thickness to continue smartly because the needle bar issues, and this is a problem I have and so gives me excuse to mention "leather needles in sys 190" hello where are thou:) anyway I know these can be more uh bendy. Its what I need and will have to live with, also reason why the 13 runs 135sys. for the moment. and I know where's the popcorn with all that hot r

Happy new years everyone

Floyd

hey brmax...   Where are you getting your Solarfix?   I don't think they make the 138 equivalent anymore and just the 92.  I'm trying to basically stick to one thread at this point as my work isn't all that varied.  I started out with the 92 equivalent Tenara...and it's OK.  The heavy Tenara sews better and seems much stronger.  Not sure if I really need that for the biminis and such..but that's what I'm seeing other custom canvas projects for the most part.  The 92 Tenara "hides" better as it is more clear colored (using the white) and in colors like grey, beige, etc...looks good.  The heavy 138 Tenara in white is VERY visible....and very white.

The only place I'm seeing for the Solarfix is Miami Thread.    Have you tried Tenara? ...cause I hear the Solarfix is much easier to use.
I tried the Profilein (sp?) stuff from Sailrite (it's a PTFE thread too) and it is only 92 weight equivalent...but it didn't like it as much.... albeit I haven't used it much.

btw...I think your 1508NH is in my plans too.  Sell my unused stuff and the JUKI LU562.... should about cover the cost.   I just need the head.

I been picking it up from Miami corp. and just use clear for lite colors and black for dark colors, it freaking expensive and I cant see a bunch of stock at 200. a 1lb spool, 4 is enough for two tables I just have to get off me rear, I let the 1341 share ptfe with the 08 being on the same table corner and so doing its thing on cuffs n post closures etc.

As I recently started and tried to listen just a few years ago, a tough thing for hard headed person, Solarfix It seem to address early issues of Tenara before they may? have done something different, and this I was just learning from the voices in the trade I heard so I went this direction only for the boat covers and that type outdoor stuff. As ya know its one of them "ok lets get serious now" priced products just as tenara ptfe and I guess that newer product.

I heard early in 2016 and so looked at Quality thread and they have it now with! hold on! more colors now! getm all. http://www.qualitythread.com/SolarFix

It is a weird feeling thread, but I have did my best adjusting everything here and can switch from poly and back with little to no tension turn, it was not a expect it to work thing for sure. But honestly I tried this learning on my first 212singer machine that I got way back, and canvas and lite leather stuff was my focus and near all my education from here on the site with the members sharing this n that plus the popcorn search engine benefits.

At this time I haven't tried any other ptfe, it seems solarfix is tite pulling from machine, crazy tite!, then set the poly in the same holder and again pull from the lever guide as my habit and just as smooth n easy. And they both run darn near the same looks on my materials I set them up on, top gun and top notch, then again I'm sticking to a few things to do and try to keep it simple.

With the big cover stuff I'm not sure what size there is available in any big ptfe seems I heard what you mention limiting size, but that may be just Miami.  I'm gonna assume poly and nylon are still doing the Xheavy truck tarps and Xheavy equipment, but really haven't a clue i stopped wrenchin on heavy equipment in 11.

I like the 1508 it can punch thru the clears and I'm sure markalon, but don't get me wrong and discount the 1541,  here one walked right through just as the 08 did, but it wont do it as long though I'm positive.  I didn't mention it because it runs a clutch mitsubshi and actually my go too or the big tbl honestly the other positioners I have dream to be that quality, it has all that factory bactacnstuff I don't use. I turn only the positioner on.

A great CL find with the most juki hours on it, 40 as a factory decided to make a few gulfstream n corvette carpet mats, with only one operator. this one sat.

fwiw except my old perfect now 212 (re system 135x17) I had to go to other states for every machine I have.

have a good day there

Floyd

Edited by brmax

Floyd...I pretty much only do the outside canvas and it would get me a bad rap to use the Poly..  Nylon only for interior cushions etc.  I have about 20 spools of 92 and 138 Poly in assorted colors, but I don't want customers complaining about stitch jobs in 3 years...like I'm sometimes seeing with the Poly thread.   It's also a selling point to use the PTFE thread as well.   When I use an amount I charge $15/bobbin anyway...otherwise I just mark up the job.  With a $2500 canvas job, using $50 worth of PTFE thread only makes sense.  That said, I'm getting an amount of re-stitch jobs too, which is helping me learn the marine canvas techniques as well.

I need to come your way and shoot the breeze.  There's two other competitors in the lakes area...one I don't really know and the other I've known since he moved here 15 years ago.  He is very good, but isn't that open to helping me out, even though there is enough business for another 6 canvas guys in the area.

Anyrate...starting to babble in this thread...but I guess that's ok too... at least sewing related!

Happy New Years.... be safe and don't stick yerself with a needle!

I can't figure out how to order from Quality threads...  no pricing on their site either.  I guess I need to contact them and open an account or something.  I remember seeing this site, googling Solarfix thread, in the past...   but Miami is the only place I could order instantly as a "guest".  Quality I do see has a $100 min order, which is OK too.

yowza...!!! looked at some of Miami's pricing....ouch .  Sometimes more than twice what I'm paying wholesale

Good morning to all. Im new here. Im also new to industrial sewing. Years ago I maintained the sewing machines where I worked, but now Im using it to create new Marine vinyl seats for my boat. The quotes I received told me to get into this business, so here I am.

I just recently picked up a used Consew 255RB-1. It had a clutch motor on it. I removed it and purchased the Reliable 6000SQ and 60mm pulley. That itself, reduced the weight of the table by 20 lbs, if not more. The motor has better control but as everyone mentions here, the initial speed is pretty fast, especially when you are a beginner. Im considering a reduction pulley setup, but recently found a 12mm bore x 41mm pulley on Amazon. Im going to machine off the hub and make this work, and give it a try. Ill be back in a few days to let everyone know the results. I should get a better result as far as starting speed.