Grumpymann

Hello form the Environs of Allentown Pa

Hello, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks but I decided to jump in and introduce my self. I've ben working in leather for about 20 years off and on (more off than on). I figure about 2 to 3 years straight. Meaning I know just enough to do it more wrong than right and not know how I did it. Due to a situation beyond my control I was forced ( Happily ) to take it most seriously as of late. I have a lot to learn and hopefully the decades of learning and wisdom will penetrate my skull by osmosis. Like they say I know I know nothing and that is the first in learning. I enjoy making bags mostly, messenger, satchels, totes ect. my belts are a joke but I'm learning. Dog collars, and a lead or 2.

The people who have helped me in that past were not...  the nicest so I can handle a harsh critique If I slip PLEASE let me know and help me to do it right.

Thanks I have learned a lot from lurking so lets hope I learn more form interacting!

Welcome home.

I have a good friend in Bethlehem, P.a.

But he's into model trains.

Welcome.  Nice to have you.  I lived in Easton for ten years while working at the college.  I do miss the area.  So close to so many things and so much to do.  Great art scene there too.

Thanks for the warm welcome Bikermutt, CjartestI've , lived in the area for a few years and don't really know many people or places But I'm getting out and about now, I will post a pic soon so you can pick it apart,

Welcome to the forum Grumpymann, my first territory was out of Allentown, PA. That's some pretty county.  Too populated for my taste, but it was a good experience.  

Still new to leather myself, but can tell you that everyone on the board seems nice, and are not harsh in giving out their critiques.

Enjoy the community, they have already taught me quite a bit.