venator

First attempt at a classic bi-fold

This was my first try at a classic style bi-fold, definitely not my best work.  Tried lots of new things, some worked and some didn't.  Overall not unhappy with the results, curious how it ages.

bmf1.jpg

bmf2.jpg

bmf3.jpg

They seem like they should be simple but the multiple layers always make the edges difficult for me to get a clean edge. Yours looks good to me.  I made a black long wallet with that saying on it.lol

Aside from the one corner looking a little funky, it came out nice. Is that machine stitched?

1 hour ago, CaptQuirk said:

Aside from the one corner looking a little funky, it came out nice. Is that machine stitched?

Yeah, the stitching got pretty close on that one top corner, I was lazy and didnt' mark out a stitch line to follow. . .that's the result.

yes, it's all machine stitched.  I try to avoid hand stitching if I can, the investment of time is rarely returned vs machine stitching.

2 hours ago, venator said:

yes, it's all machine stitched.  I try to avoid hand stitching if I can, the investment of time is rarely returned vs machine stitching.

You are preaching to the choir... sez the guy who just finished handstitching a 5' belt. Belts... Why did it have to be belts? :rolleyes2:

2 hours ago, CaptQuirk said:

You are preaching to the choir... sez the guy who just finished handstitching a 5' belt. Belts... Why did it have to be belts? :rolleyes2:

Oh Lord.  Belts aren't even fun or challenging they just take ages. . . I've done them but ew, not voluntarily again.

Word:cheers: