Redbone

New swivel knife

I am looking for a new swivel knife something with at least 1/2 barrel any suggestions? 

See for sale section under berry king tools. Owner is splitting up for offers right now. Good luck.

I prefer a longer fixed handle like longer handle like a craft knife when compared to a wiggly jiggly hand cramping swivel knife. Get a cheap bag of scraps with a coupon and practice with either tool. The swivel knife bevels are supposed to limit the depth of cut. Other than that they both cut.

2 hours ago, ContactCement said:

I prefer a longer fixed handle like longer handle like a craft knife when compared to a wiggly jiggly hand cramping swivel knife. Get a cheap bag of scraps with a coupon and practice with either tool. The swivel knife bevels are supposed to limit the depth of cut. Other than that they both cut.

The swivel knife bevel is really more to help your tooling.  A wide bevel makes beveling your design easier.  I'd love to see some tooling you have done with a craft knife.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, cjartist said:

The swivel knife bevel is really more to help your tooling.  A wide bevel makes beveling your design easier.  I'd love to see some tooling you have done with a craft knife.

I'm just sick of paying mechanics tool prices (and most mechanics tools are lifetime guaranteed) for non warranted garbage or tool shaped "specialty" objects imported and sold to leather crafters at the customers expense to make a quick profit.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:11 AM, cjartist said:

Perhaps I'll figure out a way to afix a swivel knife blade to a craft knife handle like Contact mentioned.