DesigningSoulmates

Needle is bent and can't be removes

Hi,

I have been preparing for a show I have this weekend and the worst thing happen! While threading a spool, my needle missed the presser foot hole and is not bent in front of the foot. I removed the walking foot to try to remove it, but the machine is jammed. I can not manually move the wheel or use the foot press.

Please HELP...I have 5 days before my show and need to sew.

Edited by DesigningSoulmates
Pasting picture

Need the type of machine and need a pic.  But if the needle is causing the jam, I would not hesitate to get a dremel with a cut off wheel and cut through the needle.  Just be sure to leave a good stub to get ahold of the needle shaft still in the machine. 

If it helps, Home Depot carries the Dremel 3000 for $60 or so, and it comes with a small cut-off wheel that is perfect for the job.  

You may be able to cut it with a hacksaw or tin snips too.  A pair of vise grips will help to pull it out.  You may be able to clamp the vise grip and then tap it out?  Hard to say without a picture.