I am a suffering asthmatic and unfortunately my asthma has been gone down hill over the last few years. So I decided to start training back in Martial Arts. I am still struggling with my asthma while training and decided to come up with a Prototype Turbuhaler Asthma Puffer Holder for the Turbo Inhalers (eg. Bricanyl which I use) to be able to be worn while training and most other sports or even when out and about in public.

I made this is from scrap Kangaroo and a strip of bovine for the latch at the top. and can be attached to a lanyard or to a belt clip, school bag ect. Hoping to make a better one in the next few days, but thought I would show what I achieved last night (took about 15mins to make), ready for a trail run today at training. (Some of my rivets and cuts are dodgy I know (it was late (11:30pm) and I was I was tired, they wont be like this in the final product)

Let me know what you think, or what I can improve on it. Or if you have made one show it off.

IMG_9732.JPG

IMG_9734.JPG

IMG_9738.JPG

IMG_9742.JPG

that's neat well done and good luck

That kangaroo sure has pretty grain. Burnishing or even just painting the edges would give it a more finished look.

On 3/12/2017 at 1:19 AM, Sofaspud said:

That kangaroo sure has pretty grain. Burnishing or even just painting the edges would give it a more finished look.

Yeah its hard to burnish or even run a edger on long Kangaroo being so thin. I love the grain of the Roo, it has a really clean look to it. I probably wont use bovine for the latch on top next time, or use a thinner piece instead of the 3mm I used, and burnish and dye the edge.

Looks cool, interesting idea for a practical problem!

Re: the edges, try putting a bit of wax on them, lay it flat on your bench top, and then rub it with some canvas or denim scrap. Usually with the tip of your finger you can feel the edge and apply a bif of friction there.

Once it starts going you can pick it up and hit any leftover bits.

Works for me, might work for you too!