Sign in to follow this  
gesa

Introduction

Hello all,

my name is Gesa Thieszen, and I live in Hannover, Germany. I am saddlemaker for almost 10 years now. I work full time for www.passier.com along with about 60 others. There I make bridles, girths and halters ( not saddles). At home I make tooles and carved purses, wallets and horse tack....a bit of everything.

Gesa

GESAD_Django.jpg

post-130-1152820912_thumb.jpg

Hello Gesa,

i also do saddlery work (not saddle) bridles, halter and other equipment, happy to "meet you"! I am in Canada

How it is in factory? Do you like it? Do you do projects from end to finish or you have specific task?

Hello Gesa,

Welcome to this fine group of professional, intermediate, and beginning leather workers from various parts of the world.

Regis

I like working there.

When I started there 10 years ago there where many older employes, who are retired now. Now there are about 2/3 under 40 years old, so we we have many interests in common. Many doing horseback riding or own a horse and more and more female employes - we talk a lot ;)

We are also a mixture of Europeans: turkish, polish, british, russian , kroatian and probably I left out one or two nationalities.

I work at the assessories department, where I do everything from cutting out the parts to sewing bridles, girth and halters.

We are three employes who are cutting the parts and giving them to the emlpoyes to finish them. We have orders where we make items completly, but with larger quantities it is easier to give one person 6 cavestons, another 6 reins and the last one 6 headstalls. From time to time there are some custom orders or even rarer bridle repairs.

At the saddle department it is different, they all have only specific tasks.

The three men who are doing the saddle repairs, have a lot of different works to do.

Gesa

For those that have not met Gesa, she is one wonderful young lady. It was my pleasure to judge some of her work at the IFoLG show in Butler, PA. The judging team had a hard time with her wonderful work as the stitching was so perfect it almost looked like it could have been done on a machine. Anyone seeing her work can easily understand why she walked away from that show with so many ribbons. It's that kind of talent that makes judging such a pleasure. This lady not only is talented but has a fantastic personality.