Sanch

IN NEED OF HELP

Hello All! its been a great long time since I last posted. some of you may remember me but anyway here is a really short background.  I started here because I wanted to make a seat for my Shovel. (avatar pic) I am very big into making as many of my own tools as possible (mostly cutting tools) I make knives and work with mostly 5160, L6 and 15N20 steel.  my quest for making my own tools has brought me to the point of wanting to make my own edge bevelers.  I have no intention in becoming a tool maker so these tools as like my head knives are one off and for my use only.  I am currently working L6 steel on what I have started my problem is this.  I cannot find a definitive profile of what edge to put on the business end.  what I am looking to make is either a bissonette style or half bissonette (round edge?)  SO what I am asking for is some GOOD close up PIX of QUALITY edgers NO TLF as I have one and its tired...I know my steels (the ones I use) I know my process (annealing, HT, tempering) for the materials i use.  I just need more of a direction and my Google fu has failed me.  I have not been able to find anything use full on DIY edge bevelers pictures of molested dinner ware are fine if that's what works for you and that is what you have to work with but not what I am looking for.  So I have come to ask the COLLECTIVE for help.  I will post pix of what my journey has lead me to up until this point at some time to include my new work area and tools.  To all Thank you and as always thanks for this place...Sanch..flying NOMAD and solo...

47 views not 1 reply!! I have made 2 edge bevelers since the original post. they are sharp but still having trouble with the angle and width I think ..still tweaking them and I managed to split a handle in the process of setting the blade...Oh well I will get it right or learn how not to hehe!

I wanted to help, but I haven't made one either. I'm not any sort of machinist. I was thinking any curvature less than 90 degrees should be good for the cutting area.

L6 good steel, pain in the butt to forge. 

Ill get a couple photos tonight probably of what I currently have. 

Thank you for the responses guys but I should have been more specific as to what I need. What I was looking for some good high resolution pictures or at least some really good close-ups of not homemade edgers but some good close-ups of edgers that people own that were purchased! 

Edited by Sanch
autocorrect is doing its thing