Uwe

UX441 Extension Lever for Juki 441, Cobra Class 4, Cowboy 4500, Techsew 5100, etc.

I made a small batch of the extension lever that replaces the original manual foot lift lever on the Juki TSC-441 class of machines, which include Cobra Class 4, Cowboy CB4500, Techsew 5100, and many others in that same class. The main advantage is that you can use it along with a swing-down edge guide like a KG-967 or KG-867. The original lever gets in the way. 

I call it UX441 and I'm selling it to the general public on Ebay for $59 (http://r.ebay.com/sVhPDU)  LW members get $10 off, just send me a question through the Ebay listing and tell me your LW member name. 

You can also contact me via personal message (PM) right here on LW to avoid Ebay.  For folks outside the U.S., shipping really is cheaper if you go through Ebay.

Of course you can make one of these yourself if you're handy and motivated.  Here's a picture of my UX441 version with fancy packaging and a cute red dot. 

IMG_7545.JPG

Here's the promo video I made for the extension lever:

Edited by Uwe

I made one of these for mine. I have the handle facing me when the foot is down. To lift the foot just pull down on the handle. I like it better this way cause its right there and no reaching though the machine.

IMG_0429.PNG

Edited by 1CJK

Nice work 1CJK, looks very solid! One drawback with having the lever point down when the feet are up is that you can't lower the feet again using the foot pedal (while holding the material in position with both hands), because the lever won't "fall" back up to the normal position. But that matters only if you're even using the foot pedal release method. There are many options, you just have to pick one that works for you. Thanks for sharing your solution!

My handle comes back up when you lift off the foot pedal but that is also to do with a mechanism I came up with that gives a mechanical advantage over the spring that makes the foot pedal easer push down. Sorry I didnt mean to take your post in a different direction. Very nice machine work on your handle. 

Now I'm curious how you defied gravity on your machine! Would you mind starting a new show-and-tell topic in the leather sewing machine forum telling us what you did?