On 3/29/2017 at 3:43 PM, JLSleather said:

Since re-locating to MN, my mail box is EVEN MORE full of CRAP. While folks in MN seem quite friendly, they do like to sell you what they can.  And seriously -- it's a bit like stalking.

For anyone who didn't know that, the sale of a house is generally widely available information.  Even if it doesn't show in public records, it does show on realty sites 'n' such.

And apparently, these predators watch for the sale of homes for people to "market" their crap to.  I've received "stuff" from everyone from landscapers to siding installers, carpet people and curtain people, gyms and satellite providers, assorted restaurants and misc crap ... blahblah...

Get a grip, folks.. the roof and siding are relatively new.  The lawn is fine.  I have a phone, so if I need something I'll call and ask.  Filling my mail box with junk is probably the NUMBER 1 way to ensure that I will never buy anything from you.  The kids' dogs got new license, but NOT from the animal place that stuffed my mail box.

So, here's teh amusing part.  I put an ad on craigslist -- wanted: info on how to call off these idiots who all want to "help" me.  And I'm getting some fairly quick and thoughtful responses :rofl: 

They do seem quite proud of "vets" around here.  Not that that's "bad", but it was a vet who broke into my front porch and stole $1000 worth of fishing tackle a while back, so being a vet does not BY ITSELF mean anything at all at my house.

Loads of junk mail aside, welcome to MN from over here in the Twin Cities ;)

21 minutes ago, Beret said:

welcome to MN from over here in the Twin Cities

Thanks!  For the 'welcome' AND for not stuffing my mail box :rofl:

Nice.  Again.  Cop shot that guy (who was doing nothing wrong) 5 times.  And again.  This time 40 year old woman in her pajamas -  and SHE was teh one who called police.  Taxpayers pay for body cameras and car cameras, but they were ALL turned OFF?  ANd the cop who shot that gal wont talk to anybody but his lawyer (seriously, folks -- if you or I did that we'd be accused of "hiding something").

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/minneapolis-woman-killed-by-police/index.html

Now, I'm not one to call the police, personally.  Not much need / use for any of that.  Just a tip -- if you're in the twin cities for the superbowl, and have some type of problem, calling police may not be the best way to go ...

Seems to be a lack of good training, and the fact that you can have as little as 2 weeks training if you join some police departments.  Possibly because previous military training is considered as 'replacement' for police training.

I read something the other day about the police system in America where they pointed out that most training was concerned with 'point and shoot', so for a number of police (not all, I've seen some good police calmly taking carp from 'citizens' out to just abuse and bate those officers) the first reaction is to go for the gun.

Watched one of those reality tv progs (Son of a gun?), where the cheif of police ordered some sort of off road vehicle, with a couple of machine guns fitted on it.    Maybe spending a bit of that money on training would be better.

Good training, and weed out the bad apples.

Lumpen has spoken..........

Yeah, gotta wonder what that 40-year old, 130 lb unarmed woman did to them.

I'm guessing it will get worse.