Windrider30

12 Strand Kanagroo lace friction belt

Took almost 60 feet of lace to do this, the belt keeper is woven into the belt and that is a 4 strand weave.  it will fit a waist of up to 36 inches. First one that I have ever done. The tip went a little wonky but not bad for a first go!

Whisky Kanagroo 12 strand belt 3.jpg

Whisky Kanagroo 12 strand belt 2.jpg

close up of the weave did have one strand go little wonky but over all not bad!! a simple over one under one weave the tricky part was just getting the tip started and getting the tention set right!

Whisky Kanagroo 12 strand belt 1.jpg

Nice work! And yes, they take a surprising amount of lace. Braiding soap can really help get the tension right, I made up a batch using the recipe on the David Morgan website and it works beautifully  (https://www.davidmorgan.com/shop-content/braiding_soap/). 

1 hour ago, motocouture said:

Nice work! And yes, they take a surprising amount of lace. Braiding soap can really help get the tension right, I made up a batch using the recipe on the David Morgan website and it works beautifully  (https://www.davidmorgan.com/shop-content/braiding_soap/). 

THanks for that will look into it, I simply use aussie condistioner on the strands when braiding seems to help and preserve them all at the same time! The tip is where I really need to work on as it came out just a hair weird

Looks great! Really nice work.

I haven't done much braiding, though always use fiebings aussie leather conditioner when doing mystery braids for the same purpose. Makes it easier to work, and protects at the same time. :) Especially sinc it can be hard to reach all the places after one is finished.

20 minutes ago, Wedgetail said:

Looks great! Really nice work.

I haven't done much braiding, though always use fiebings aussie leather conditioner when doing mystery braids for the same purpose. Makes it easier to work, and protects at the same time. :) Especially sinc it can be hard to reach all the places after one is finished.

Thanks!

I always hit my end product with aussie conditioner really helps it