pearlheartgtr

Sophia Handbag Pattern

Hey guys!

I'm looking to make a Sophia handbag for my mother for Mother's Day. I have everything to make it, but I need a pattern to build it. I emailed Tandy with hopes that they have a pattern for it, but I figured I'd ask here also.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/sophia-handbag-kit

Thanks!

Free pattern available from Tandy

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1889-sophia-handbag-kit-44314-00-bonus-tooling-pattern.aspx?

It may just be a tooling pattern. I didn't download it.

Edited by NCArcher

I have those already. I need the pattern to build the bag.

There is no really available pattern. I got the kit and made one from the kit. You would have to make some adjustments probably. I don't think I'm allowed to share it or not because of copyright. :/ I would need to find that out but don't know who to ask. 

And if I could share it it would be just a measurement sheet, I don't have the ability to make a proper digital pattern 

Thanks, but I think I may have a good idea on what I need to do. I found a thread here where someone made the bag and posted a few pictures of it. With that and Tandy's bag measurements, I think I have enough to go on. The one alternative tooling pattern (posted above) has a full size picture of one of the sides, so I can take it from there and build off of that.

Would you be able to give me a length of the straps? That's the only thing left I would really need.

Thanks a lot!

I really hope I don't screw this up.

I believe they were 2 foot. 1"wide. Im going from memory but I can double check later tonight. I won't be home till late tonight though. But I can if u don't mind the wait

No big deal. I kinda figured they were around the 2' length going by other handbags I looked up.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Welcome. I'm in the process of making one too, I just have to piece it together haha. Although I'm not real happy with it. But you win some you lose some. It's just the dye I used came out different than I hoped. Good luck!