Rockoboy

I got my first machine

I bought my first sewing machine today. Its only one machine, so I am not addicted.

I am looking for another machine that will sew thicker leather, but I can take my time and find the right machine at the right price ... because I am not addicted.

I might need another machine for very small spaces or especially narrow edges, but that's OK because ... I am not addicted yet!

Of course I will need a machine with a walking foot, that's only number 4, not too many machines ... because I am not addicted yet!

Where can I buy a machine? I need another machine ... because I am addicted to buying (and using) leather sewing machines!!!

Singer 201P.jpg

I think I have all the Sewing Machines I need now.

...Said NO ONE Ever!

Just as well you're not addicted. Keep away from industrial machines, though, or you WILL become addicted!

201p was made in Penrith (Western Sydney)

Apparently it was assembled in Penrith from 201K components made in Clydebank, UK. It was modelled on the 201K23.

Unfortunately it did not come with a walking foot, that is the one small thing that detracts from this machine.

you know that this is a domestic garment sewing machine, right? Addiction comes with the time especially when you start restoring old clunkers and they turn out nice and work fine when done... Trust me I know what I´m talking about :lol:

I know its a lightweight domestic machine, but I believe it will work for light leather like fish skin. Plus it gives me a start into the whole sewing thing, and at a very low cost.

I will pick up a more industrial machine when I see one at the right price. Until then, its the stitching wheel and handy awl, or a good friend who helps me out with his many machines.

Don't be fooled into buying a "walking foot" attachment for the machine as they are just light devices for helping the feed when quilting.