So, finished this earlier in the week. This is for a S&W 686 6-shot 2.5 inch. If anyone has tried making one of these before, you probably know that it's very difficult, if not impossible to find a mold for the 2.5 inch. I wound up chopping a 4 inch Blue Gun down for this. 

I also want to give credit to JLS for his instructions on how to make Avenger patterns. His instructions are well written and easy to follow. I've got my own method for figuring out my stitch lines, but otherwise, a very good place to start.

received_10208229782406300.jpeg

I like it.  Just be sure to save the piece you cut out for when you do the 8" :rofl:

Oh, I saw you P320 rig --- also quite nice!

What method do you use to determine your stitch lines?

15 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I like it.  Just be sure to save the piece you cut out for when you do the 8" :rofl:

Oh, I saw you P320 rig --- also quite nice!

That section I cut out was beyond being able to use again. The cut wound up being angle more than I wanted. Must've been that crappy hand saw I used.

11 hours ago, sideforce said:

What method do you use to determine your stitch lines?

I'll have to try and get them on a document. Hard to explain without pictures for reference.

As long as the toe is open on the holster, and all of mine are, I just bone in the end of the shorter barrel and use the longer one for the mold.  The only one I've ever had to cut one was the X frame.  The 6.5" has a partial underlug, while the 8.5" Duncan's mold has a full underlug.  I borrowed a buddies gun and cut the underlug to match but left the barrel intact.  Having the mold cut down would be nice, I just don't want to buy multiple molds.  I'm a cheap skate.  lol

Good looking holster too.  

I like it!  The stitch line is spot on.  I like the subtle style you built into the reinforcement piece.