Chief Filipino

Chelsea Leather Food Reviews?

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find a decent and easily accessible leather conditioner to perhaps start selling along with my products. I have personally used Chelsea Leather Food over the years and I feel like it works. I do not have your vast experiences, how decent is it? Also, since I don't have the time/knowledge at the moment to make my own beeswax/oil conditioner is there one that you personally use? Does anyone know of a wholesaler that I can buy small quantities from? I am not doing this full time yet. 

Thanks for the assist!

Dwight on this site has a recipe for a mix. All you need is a slow cooker. The tiny dip size one from a charity shop be good enough.

I don't know about your area but where I am there are very tight regulations on 'mixes' which I used to sell.

I used to be a beekeeper and used to make beeswax polish and leather food/conditioner which I sold. Then tight regulations came in. I can only sell it now if it meets the regs - which it does - and I have $X million in product liability insurance and its been government tested. So now I don't sell my mixes.

What I do now, for any polish, is buy a few bottles of good stuff at the cheapest supermarket price I can get and sell it on with a small mark-up in the price. Its more of a service to customers than a profit generator. Wholesellers don't want to sell one case of 24 bottles to me once every year, or less.

4 hours ago, fredk said:

I don't know about your area but where I am there are very tight regulations on 'mixes' which I used to sell.

I used to be a beekeeper and used to make beeswax polish and leather food/conditioner which I sold. Then tight regulations came in. I can only sell it now if it meets the regs - which it does - and I have $X million in product liability insurance and its been government tested. So now I don't sell my mixes.

What I do now, for any polish, is buy a few bottles of good stuff at the cheapest supermarket price I can get and sell it on with a small mark-up in the price. Its more of a service to customers than a profit generator. Wholesellers don't want to sell one case of 24 bottles to me once every year, or less.

Are you here in the United States? It sure sounds like the US regulations. 

No, I'm somewhere else, with very draconian laws on just about everything