Sign in to follow this  
sockyII

Help with Consew Machine?

I found this machine for sale locally. The only info they have is it's a Consew with reverse. And it's the head only. I asked if they could find a model number and they responded back no but they think it's a 226 because it has reverse. Asking $500. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what model this is for sure from this picture (the only one they posted) and if it's worth this price or what this would usually go for. Also if it's the head only, what else would I need to get for it?  

00h0h_fxZC8Jr60L8_1200x900 (2).jpg

Edited by sockyII
add

It's a model 226R,setting the way it is you can't sew on it so it might need some adjustment or parts.You will need a table,motor,thread stand, bobbin winder & light,& a drip pan.It will add up w/shpg alittle under $300.00,unless you can search around & find a used one.

Yeah a little too much seeing I don't know anything yet. How about this machine? It says Mitzi model number  YU360CTS . Can that do thicker leather? Asking $600. 

00P0P_bXBdfTtMMHQ_1200x900.jpg

This one looks like a bottom & top feet type of walking foot & the feed dogs will making the bottomside,the 226R has a walking foot needlefeed that will leave a lot less marking on the bottom of the leather.

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

This one looks like a bottom & top feet type of walking foot & the feed dogs will making the bottomside,the 226R has a walking foot needlefeed that will leave a lot less marking on the bottom of the leather.

Bob,

It does appear to me that this model Mitzi YU360CTS (Among many other model labels that appear on this machine)  is not anything but a machine made in the Highlead factory, thier model being a GC0618-SC-1 that is a true walking foot, top, bottom and needle feed with alternating presser feet.

Mitzi-YU360CTS.jpg

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Yes,Greg ,Thanks now that you mentioned it I have seen the model 360 on these before.

4 hours ago, sockyII said:

Yeah a little too much seeing I don't know anything yet. How about this machine? It says Mitzi model number  YU360CTS . Can that do thicker leather? Asking $600. 

Just about any modern walking foot machine can sew up to 3/8", or at least 5/16" of leather. The maybes include maybe it'll only sew 3/8" with #69 or 92 thread, or only with the presser foot pressure screwed all the way down.

If that Mizti is being sold locally, ask for a demonstration. Bring some strips of leather and see how much can be sewn together before it breaks the needle or skips stitches.

2 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Just about any modern walking foot machine can sew up to 3/8", or at least 5/16" of leather. The maybes include maybe it'll only sew 3/8" with #69 or 92 thread, or only with the presser foot pressure screwed all the way down.

If that Mizti is being sold locally, ask for a demonstration. Bring some strips of leather and see how much can be sewn together before it breaks the needle or skips stitches.

It is local. I will do just that. Thank you.

20 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Yes,Greg ,Thanks now that you mentioned it I have seen the model 360 on these before.

Bob,

If you really want to get thrown for a loop, the GC0618 model, without the -1, is a completely different machine.  This machine is pretty rare, and I've only seen one customer who had one.  I think it's pretty old at this point also.