Hello everyone! I am 15 and new on here and I am ready for your tips and advice!

This is my first leather journal I made for my brother. The stitching is from my Cowboy CB4500 sewing machine and the tooling is one of my first embossing jobs.

59630febeb1e4_journalfront.thumb.JPG.675143728bc6f5ad7e63e7baa389808f.JPG5963103fb155c_journalpattern.thumb.JPG.412465b774c76b1a735413d6041f8cba.JPG5963107444e7c_journalinside.thumb.JPG.479f0c7441d6eb527e18d12d13c4c116.JPG

Nice job! If this represents one of your first projects then I would say you have a very promising future as a leather craftsman. 

This is really beautiful I like the shape on the inside, and the tooling on the front did you use a stencil or free hand? Any way horses are hard to get right so it shows you are a very talented artist, all the best with your next project :) 

I like it

Thank you, goody2shoes! I traced a sketch onto the leather. I love drawing horses and after 3 years of drawing I still find it a challenge to get it all in proportion. I should emboss some of my own drawings on my leather products sometime.

Edited by Rolandranch

You should, have you tried pirographing them onto leather or wood? That would look cool :) 

Impressive. I like the shape of the inside pocket. Some carving or stamping along that edge could really light it up. Something to think about for the next one.

Good idea! I'm considering doing a barbed wire edging on one of my next ones. Doing that on the pocket would bring out  cool effect. Thanks!