Latest iteration of my long wallet design, I think this one turned out ok, but I feel I'll change up the thread size/spi next time around.  I forgot to include a d-ring attachment for a leash, even though I cut it out and everything :)  I like the colour contrast but feel this colour combo & fabric lining pushes the wallet to being more feminine - I wouldn't carry it myself.  But, all good in the end IMHO.

wallet1.jpg

wallet2.jpg

wallet3.jpg

wallet4.jpg

Looks good! I think a 9spi would look real nice. But that's a lot of stitching haha. 

Nice looking wallet. I like the fabric you used for the interior. I think it works really well combined with the red thread you choose.

I just got a commission for a roper wallet. I really like the interior you made, but I think I will use one of the commercial ones from Springfield Leather. I have used them several times, and have been very happy with them.

I really like how you were able to get the zipper to rest.

I agree that a little bit smaller stitch with a slightly deeper groove (if possible) would be good but the contrast is spot-on.

How did you finish the edges for the opening to the back pockets? They look really nice in the picture.

Nice work I'm interested in how you got your close your tab the way that it is with the hidden stitches on the outside and how you stitched in the coin pouch without going through your closure tab how about a close-up shot of that area nice work by the way

On 7/18/2017 at 10:59 AM, blink1688 said:

I really like how you were able to get the zipper to rest.

I agree that a little bit smaller stitch with a slightly deeper groove (if possible) would be good but the contrast is spot-on.

How did you finish the edges for the opening to the back pockets? They look really nice in the picture.

Thanks for your feedback!  The edges for the back pocket openings, I used a fine edge bevel tool and then hand burnished.  For the round bits I used a dremel burnisher.  I've been using Tylose instead of gum trag and it burnishes up quite quickly.  

18 hours ago, Sanch said:

Nice work I'm interested in how you got your close your tab the way that it is with the hidden stitches on the outside and how you stitched in the coin pouch without going through your closure tab how about a close-up shot of that area nice work by the way

Thansk very much - if I understand what you're asking, the whole thing is just a sandwich.  The coin pouch floats and is secured to the inner backing with a rectangle stitch.  You can see the stitches in the inside of the pocket in the last photo.  Makes it tough to punch the holes though, lots of things get in the way in the assembly process.  I tried out a set of lacing pliers for the outside, and that's why the spi is so big (and straight, not angled stitches like the inside where I used a diamond chisel).  The pliers did make sure the holes were lined up on both sides though.

21 minutes ago, kncorey said:

Thansk very much - if I understand what you're asking, the whole thing is just a sandwich.  The coin pouch floats and is secured to the inner backing with a rectangle stitch.  You can see the stitches in the inside of the pocket in the last photo.  Makes it tough to punch the holes though, lots of things get in the way in the assembly process.  I tried out a set of lacing pliers for the outside, and that's why the spi is so big (and straight, not angled stitches like the inside where I used a diamond chisel).  The pliers did make sure the holes were lined up on both sides though.

Thanks for the info, you answered my question