OLDNSLOW

in need of a mold gun for either a Colt or

Cimarron thunderer, they are both the same but you know that if you have one, if anyone is willing to rent one for a few days or lead me in the direction of getting one, please let me know.  I would much rather buy than rent so again if you know of a good source please let me know.

Thanks

Ron

O n S

I have a Colt 45 7"BBL. that close to what you need?

Unless you plan on molding the writing off the barrel, . . . I don't see why any Colt peacemaker or clone would not do for it, . . . only question is, how long is the barrel???

The only single six I know of that is different substantially is the Rugers, . . . and that even goes for the older Vaqueros.  I understand that after enough griping by the buyers, . . . Ruger re-fashioned the Vaquero so it is now pretty much the same dimension as the old Colt peacemaker.

I use my Beretta Stampede for all my single six holsters, . . . never had a complaint yet.

And Rings does make a blue gun in several different barrel lengths.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

With the "Thunderer" (m1877) being double action, I'm fairly sure that there are some dimensional differences from the classic SAA (m1873). I know that the "Double Action Army" (m1878) was even larger than the m1877.

The Cimarron Thunderer is a single action identical to a SAA with the exception of the grip, which is shaped like the double action Colt Thunderer. A holster made to fit a Colt SAA or clone will work fine for the Cimarron Thunderer. 

The Colt Thunderer is an altogether different pistol.

Good luck with your holster Oldnslow!

Capture.thumb.PNG.d5318160400e6d19edeea7b215c7ad02.PNG

the one my customer owns has a 3.5 inch barrel, I did locate an aluminum one at Boise Foundry for 50.00 with shipping.  And I do have the El Dorado pattern that I can modify to make work or at least that is my thinking, I have been asked several times in the past to make a holster of this type and this time I think it will happen so I would like to make it the best I can as this is a repeat customer.

Well, the one I have is long, but if you can work around the barrel, I'm happy to loan it to you. Let me know.

Thanks Capt, Dwight, Josh, and Byggyns this will end up being a first for me as mentioned above' there have been a

few misses but this one I think will be a hit.   And I want to make it a homer as this is for a repeat customer that has give nothing but high praise for the work I have done for him, so I would really hate to blow it.

I will Capt, I need to touch base with my customer to let him know that I can make it for him.