Double Daddy

Testing New Pattern...on a HiPoint

For the past few months, I've been retooling and redrawing all of my patterns as part of a process to "streamline and make more efficient"...I built a pretty sweet drying cabinet (pics available on Dwight's Hot Box Cabinet thread) among other equipment upgrades...and a cursory look thru my patterns showed way too broad a spectrum of styles so I've been re-CADing all of my patterns for a more "homogenous" look.

Anyway...had this return customer come to me this week, asking for a holster for one of his pistols that he doesn't carry a lot (a 9mm HiPoint)...just needed a holster "in case [he] want[ed], to carry it around a little." Yeah, yeah, I know...Hi Point, Schmi Point. I'm a daily basis C&L 5" 1911 man myself...but I'm not a snob about it either...especially when somebody's got money to spend. Besides, I saw this is the perfect opportunity to try out my new patterns on a handgun model other than the mold dummies.

A quick CAD modification to the Glock 17 Avenger pattern to account for his being a south-paw and for the slightly different stitch lines, etc...and there you have it!

Y'all let me know what's what!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Shame you had to ugly up that holster with that pistol.  B)  I'll admit it, I've considered getting a used on to see if I can sell any.  But I did now for my dad's HP .45, dang what a big freaking pistol.  I've got drills smaller than that pistol.  lol  And yeah, if someone had money they want to get rid of no shame in helping them spend it.  

Thanks, Chief. I half considered using the pistol itself as a hammer when I was stamping the border on the front shield...just for kicks, you know...but didn't want to damage my tools or the Behr House Paints black finish on the pistol...although I probably have some Hi-Temp grill paint around here that would have worked for touch-up...I doubt he would have noticed. 

I have a HiPoint C9 and it's one of my favorite pistols. Ugly, heavy, never misfired, affordable, could drive a tank over it and it would probably still pop off several rounds. And, nice holster ya made there for it. I've made about 15 - 29 holsters for HP owners. For the same reason, want something in case they decide to carry it instead of bagging it to the range.

And, never, ever, ever, do the stuff this guy does in this video. But, my Army Strong son was ragging me about my HPC9 at the range and I saw this  - sent it to him... not saying it made a difference of his opinion... but he's taken to firing the C9 when we shot together.

Youtube amazing HPC9 review - don't do this at home.