Mjolnir

Maul Suggestions?

I'm currently looking for a 1lb tapered poly maul. I have a 2lb but its overkill but I like its look. I have no idea where I got it, it looks exactly like a BK but its silver. I'm looking at Frogjellys, the pics look tapered but I can't tell for sure. I also found beautiful tapered mauls on Etsy but the handles are wood and not leather wrapped, which I like. Any suggestions? Also, am I crazy for wanting a red poly maul with a lightsaber handle that I can call Darth?

This is the one on etsy. from Russia. reasonable price.

il_570xN.1197718682_f7ze.jpg

Edited by Mjolnir
add

Have you looked at any of the Chinese makers?

ive bought some beautiful tools from there. I’m waiting for a 500g mallet and a skiving knife at the moment.

I keep an eye for good tool makers on instragram.

since you mention it, not china ( they are cheap, but no style), but I did buy my head knife (Damascus steel), an Ivan, from goods japan. I'm kinda digin' this Russian maul.

ps Frogjelly rocks for contacting me back today! but it's not tapered :(

Edited by Mjolnir
ps

Are you serious... have you looked at the quality of some Chinese tool makers and leather workers?

Im not talking about Aliexpress and Alibaba. 

Here is a link to one that I follow on Instagram. Have a look. https://www.instagram.com/6t_leather_works

2 minutes ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Are you serious... have you looked at the quality of some Chinese tool makers and leather workers?

Im not talking about Aliexpress and Alibaba. 

Here is a link to one that I follow on Instagram. Have a look. https://www.instagram.com/6t_leather_works

LMBO!!! Made in Japan was the stamp! nice I agree, Japan makes incredible steel.

4 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

LMBO!!! Made in Japan was the stamp! nice I agree, Japan makes incredible steel.

And I’ve bought some tools from this guy. https://www.instagram.com/kevinlee4426 really nice quality.

Don't get me wrong, I dig the BK brand. I just like unique.

th.jpg

You really look like this actor!

Edited by Mjolnir
typo

9 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Don't get me wrong, I dig the BK brand. I just like unique.

th.jpg

You really look like this actor!

Lol... he does!

Check out Clay Miller tools on facebook.  He is making some unique mauls with colored handles.  I do not have one, but have been in his shop and they look pretty cool.  

38 minutes ago, BatCity said:

Check out Clay Miller tools on facebook.  He is making some unique mauls with colored handles.  I do not have one, but have been in his shop and they look pretty cool.  

Score! Brilliant. Thanks for the tip BatCity.

2 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

Score! Brilliant. Thanks for the tip BatCity.

You're welcome.  Clay and Maker's Leather Supply are next door to each other about 45 minutes from me.  Both are great to work with and very helpful.  I do have one of Clay's petal lifters which works great and will definitely be buying more tools from him in the future.    

11 hours ago, BatCity said:

You're welcome.  Clay and Maker's Leather Supply are next door to each other about 45 minutes from me.  Both are great to work with and very helpful.  I do have one of Clay's petal lifters which works great and will definitely be buying more tools from him in the future.    

going to contact him after Christmas. Any idea what those mauls go for?

11 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

going to contact him after Christmas. Any idea what those mauls go for?

Sorry, I’m not sure what they cost.