the deacon

Juki LS-341

Hi all,

While doing some work on my machine I noticed that the back right of the feed dog is rubbing on the throat plate. I think it is very slight as the only way I knew was that the inside edge of the plate was polished. I'm thinking buying and changing out the feed dog to see if the issue persists. Before I do that is there some kind of set screw or adjustment to make that would center the feed dog more evenly inside the plate?

Jukifeeddog.jpg

Page  4 and 5 of the Juki LS341N Engineer Manual (Juki_LS-341N_Engineers_Manual.pdf) describe how to adjust the feed dog position sideways to center the feed dog hole with the needle.The feed dog touching the side of the throat plate opening is probably not a super big deal (unless the feed dog dips below and catches coming up.) The feed dog touching the front or back of the throat plate opening, on the other hand, IS a big deal. 

ls-341-lateral-feed-dog-adjustment.jpg

Edited by Uwe

Thanks Uwe. The needle is fairly well lined up with the center of the hole in the feed dog, so I'll leave it as is for now. Thanks for the Engineers manual for the machine. I've added it to my library

Yep as Uwe says...... haha     We have just introduced the Cowboy CB7341 which is similar to your machine,  we did that because that model is so good!!!   also has the big bobbin...

after I made the lateral adjustment to the feed dog, the needle is fairly out of alignment with the feed dog hole. I'm now suspecting that the throat plate is the issue and miss aligned. The design has the screws that anchor it to the frame toward the bottom. I noticed that when I screw it down, the top angles toward the left (away from the base), thus touching the feed dog. If I leave it loosely screwed it seats straight and the feed dog does not hit it. Sure is weird. I'm not sure if it will be fixed by getting another throat plate or if I shim it in some way so the throat plate mates with the frame square, keeping the top from shifting.

Anyone ever run into this?

Do you think one of the cover plate, hole surfaces at frame side is worse as far as the looks of it. I might use the temporary mount with one screw just for a visual clearence check. But first, something else possibly at the cover mount point. Is there possibly something in the lower section thats causing issue at the top section. If so this may contribute to an alignment issue. Finally after more thorough checking, I would consider the cover plate needing touched up. Specifically at the mounting surfaces. 

good day

Floyd

Edited by brmax

Hey Floyd,

I put the cover plate mating side down on a piece of glass to assure that it's not warped. I don't see any irregularities on the frame side. I've gone over and over it and can't spot anything. The irregularity of stitching and this cover plate issue is now cutting into production time so I'm going to have to bring it to the repair shop. I'd like to be much more self reliant but I can't figure this one out.

Thanks for the help