Defensive Line Leathers

Pattern Search for Shooting Bag

Have recently started doing more trap shooting accessories and made my own patterns for pouches, muzzle tabs, etc. Looking for a pattern for a 8 box and a 4 box Trap Shooting bag. Anyone have anything like this?

Similar to the attached picture  (Shamrock Leathers)

Appreciate the help.

Tim

5ujBlmTnPFWM9NHTdHRdWeXGrl28ACc12Z1eMWE4XZM_rTew-CXY_XJxUHGRTkx6SFud97kw7jAjGJevlA2_djc_480x.jpg

An eight and four combination might be extremely heavy to carry around... but if you managed to make your own pouch patterns then this should be an easy challenge!

For more guidance see the Stohlman Art of making leather cases Vol 1 page 32 & 33 for a basic layout.

Stack 8 cartridge boxes and measure them - repeat with 4 boxes....and apply your mind to attach the half size bag to the large one!

Good luck!

12 boxes of shotgun shells is gonna be quite heavy on the shoulder to carry. 

Shotshell bags like the one pictured aren't for carrying 12 boxes. It is for carrying 8 boxes plus accessories in the smaller bag. If you wanted a leather project for carrying 12, you could just rig up a strap to carry the cardboard case as it comes from the store.

I apparently have not made myself clear in asking the question. It wasn't for an 8+4 box case. Either an 8 or a 4 box case. The one pictured is an 8 box with a front accessory bag. They also make a 4 box similar to that, but half the depth. They can be made like that plus 2 side bags for more accessories. No, no one makes a 12 box case,. The max is 8 boxes, which in itself, is kinda heavy.

I'll check out the Stohlman reference.

Thanks.

Edited by Defensive Line Leathers

8 or 4 makes sense, I’d stack the boxes the way I wanted them to sit take my measurements from the stack add for the outside miter.