Brooks125

Aaarrrrggghhhhhh!!! ... Line Removal

Is there a magic trick to remove ball point ink lines from leather?  I put a lot of work into this holster ... am running low on my leather until the weekend ... and scribed a stitch line on the back of a holster.  I rally don't want to start over, but I'm guessing ..............................................

Cellulose thinners [aka lacquer thinners] will remove the ink. Soak a rag with the cellulose thinners and rub over the ink line. Turn the rag to a fresh clean bit every so often other wise you just smear the ink wider. Once the ink is removed, wipe the rest of the area around with cellulose thinners as well otherwise you'll get a tide mark. After this you'll need to feed the leather as the thinners take out oils too

An alternative is to gouge out the ink line

Also known as nail polish remover. I borrow the wife's every now, and again. When I go to the store I buy three new bottles. One for her, one for me, and one for the shop.she just loves that I think about her when I'm shopping..

Thanks guys.  That seemed to work.  (I knew someone could help!)