Yeldarb

Leather Journal Insert and Glue recommendation

I would like to make a few of these for some friends and am having trouble finding two thing:

- The book inserts: a recommendation to a good site which sells book inserts would be super helpful

- Glue recommendation: I am looking for a glue that will stand the test of time and am interested in recommendation for a permanent glue for a project like this. 

Thanks for your help. 

IMG_4568.JPG

Book suppliers? I am thinking a stationery supplies company. I have had a look around my area, and I have a choice of a couple different books, and that is before I look at removing the cover from an already finished book.

As for the glue, I am planning to use contact adhesive. I am also intending to try a folded edge to help keep the cover on the book and finish the edges nicely.

Edited by Rockoboy
Spellchek

Tandy sells Journal refills, not sure if thats exactly what you are looking for or not.

If you are interested in making the signatures yours (the actual groupings of pages), check this out and especially at the 3:00 mark

Here are a couple YouTube channels with useful information.

https://www.youtube.com/user/alexogden49/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/11061004/videos

I have watched a number of bookbinding and repair videos.  They use white PVA glue as it stays flexible.  In some locations, they use wheat flour paste, depending on how fast they want it to dry.  And they use very thin coats so it doesn't wrinkle the end papers.

Have fun.  It is a good project to play/work with.

Tom