Got bored yesterday and felt like I just had to do something. So, I decided to throw this minimalist wallet together and practice my stamping at the same time. I think it came out all right considering I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. 

IMG_3548.thumb.JPG.a7d6b166ac65927a3a0cb1b5e4fd9d37.JPGIMG_3549.thumb.JPG.20e9e281c74ee65c735b8d4f44037ac2.JPGIMG_3544.thumb.JPG.13ef978473c2b08e3a3b330a446b113a.JPG

Nice design - I need to make something like this.  My wallet is so stuffed full of cards and such I can't carry it in my pocket!  

Gary

Very nice! Just curious to know how you cut the oval window? Did you have a die or punch of some sort?

5 hours ago, garypl said:

Nice design - I need to make something like this.  My wallet is so stuffed full of cards and such I can't carry it in my pocket!  

Gary

Thanks Gary, I got this pattern from a company in Philadelphia called Make-Supply. I’ve made several of these (without the stamping) for friends and family and they just love them. They’re great for when you are on vacation and there is no need to carry all the normal junk you have in you’re wallet. 

4 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Very nice! Just curious to know how you cut the oval window? Did you have a die or punch of some sort?

Thank You!  Believe it or not I used an Al Stohlman round head knife from Tandy Leather.  I trace the pattern with a scribe and then proceed to cut it with the head knife making several passes.  Amazingly, the head knife follows the scribe marks like a needle on a phonograph player.  I was always curious about using a head knife and finally broke down and bought one.  I have to say that I now use this knife 90% of the time when doing leatherwork.  It's also great for skiving.  It took a little practice to get used to, but once I did, I  now can't live without it.  

Great Work!