Hello guys.

I bought this leather in Spain, the name is "Cuero engrasado" which could be translated to greased leather or something like that...

The thing is, it is very suceptible to marks, the ones showed in the picture i made just with my nail and with very little pressure.

I tried to protect it with water based laquer and horse grease, and there is almost no difference at all, it still get scratches easily.

Is there any other way that could be used to protect it?

Thanks!

índice.jpg

I would say it's pull up leather. Do the marks go away when you rub them?

Hi Kiwican

Most of them yes, i`m still new to this, so i never heard of pull up leather before, i`m reading about it now.

I can't tell if it's pull up or suede/nubuck...is it soft and "furry" on top? or is it kinda waxy feeling, does it change color when you bend it as well?  If it's a little waxy/oily feeling and changes when you bend it too and probably a pullup, if it's furry, probably some sort of nubuck...I'm interested either way on how to protect these as i've been recently making stuff out of both types.  

For sure is pull up leather, it´s not furry on top and have a waxy feeling and change color when bending it.

I haven´s seen any way yet to make a good enough protection.

I believe pull up leather is designed to mark easily so it will develop a patina and character from being used. Once there are enough marks they won't stand out so much. I don't think there's any to prevent that with this kind of leather. 

Edited by MedusaOblongata