Sanch

Beveler blade for swivel knife?

Who's got one and uses it regularly? With what results? Post pix...

I have had this one for years and use it with nearly everything that has a border to bevel. I use them primarily for long runs such as border work. The border on the sheath in the photo was done with it.  I prefer the conventional bevelers for carving work. You can get them at Springfield Leather. (They generally have banner ads at the top of this forum)

Paul

swivel beveler.jpg

100_2895 (1).jpg

Edited by sheathmaker

1 hour ago, sheathmaker said:

I have had this one for years and use it with nearly everything that has a border to bevel. I use them primarily for long runs such as border work. The border on the sheath in the photo was done with it.  I prefer the conventional bevelers for carving work. You can get them at Springfield Leather. (They generally have banner ads at the top of this forum)

Paul

swivel beveler.jpg

100_2895 (1).jpg

1st off. Very nice work! Secondly thank you for the answer 88 views later lol!!! Yea i don't need to source them though i made a couple out of SS just was curious thank you so much though!!

I had Bob bBeard make one for me out of tool steel (with his traditional gun blueing)  and the nylon bevelers are head and shoulders above the steel in my opinion.  The steel seemed to drag and the nylon is smooth as silk. That was my personal experience with each of the two types. These are really inexpensive, so you may want to try one just for the heck of it.

Paul

I think I have an old one, it is probably a Tandy.  Each of the 4 sides seems different.  It is fairly slick on wet leather, for that reason I was assuming PTFE, but could well be nylon, I didn't look that closely.  Don't have pics of anything I have used it on, since I don't use it as often as I probably should.

YinTx

Weel, I called it Nylon, but I don't really know what it's made of.  I most probably is a plastic or ploy of some sort.  I get a lot of use out of mine like I said on longer runs of borders.  My very first one came from Tandy, but they discontinued them years ago and i finally found them again at Springfield and they said they were going to discontinue therm, so I bought 50 so I could have them on hand for people who saw them demonstrated on my four instructional videos, and then Springfield  decided to continue with them and that's a good thing.

Paul

26 minutes ago, sheathmaker said:

Weel, I called it Nylon, but I don't really know what it's made of.  I most probably is a plastic or ploy of some sort.  I get a lot of use out of mine like I said on longer runs of borders.  My very first one came from Tandy, but they discontinued them years ago and i finally found them again at Springfield and they said they were going to discontinue therm, so I bought 50 so I could have them on hand for people who saw them demonstrated on my four instructional videos, and then Springfield  decided to continue with them and that's a good thing.

Paul

Most of my slickers are Delrin..hmmm 15 min on the lathe and should be a blue to come up with somthing but the SS had to be tried as well. Thanks again

37 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I think I have an old one, it is probably a Tandy.  Each of the 4 sides seems different.  It is fairly slick on wet leather, for that reason I was assuming PTFE, but could well be nylon, I didn't look that closely.  Don't have pics of anything I have used it on, since I don't use it as often as I probably should.

YinTx

Thanks for the reply!

I really like these...you can also get them at https://swivelknifebeveler.etsy.com