RB12

Leather Embossing Machine

Hi! Hope someone can lead me in the right direction...

I work for a company and they would like to start personalizing leather luggage tags. We also carry leather wine bags, journals and a few other products that could also work. Maybe a leather tray down the road.. but overall not super huge items. To begin with we would offer single letters or monograms. 

I've done a little research. I found one company that is located in the UK that looks like it could do the job. The machine they sell is also a hot foil stamper.

It would be nice to find a supplier in the states just in case we needed a part or further support..

What are our options?

Any suppliers that someone can recommend?

Anyone familiar with costs?

Thanks  in advance!

What type of leather is being used, weight etc, and how many pieces a day?  The luggage tags and other items that you use are they pre cut ? You can get a clicker press for 2 grand or less get dies made and do everything yourself if you have the room ..

@RB12 If you are not wanting to use foil to make coloured impressions, you can use it cold to make impressions in veg tan leather.  You can also use it hot without foil to burn an impression into many types of leather.  It will need to be able to operate at a higher temperature to burn impressions.

You can have a die made by a photo engraving process, or by CNC milling, or other processes and use an arbour press to stamp veg tan.  There are lots of routes to go.  Do a search for hot foil press here on leatherworker.net and you will find several threads with more information.

Tom

Thank you for your replies! I actually have no idea what type of leather the luggage tags are. I also believe they will be delivered to us pre cut. So our needs are only for embossing.  The numbers we do will vary because it would just be fulfilling orders as they come in. So it could just be 1 or 15+ or whatever someone orders.  And they would all be different considering what initials they require. I'm going to look into the clicker press and foil press etc. Thanks!

Edited by RB12
needed to add info