Alisdair

vergez blanchard edge bevellers

Hi Guys,

I recently chanced upon a pair of vergez blanchard edge bevellers - a no. 0 and a number 2. Identical to the ones in the photo below. Question is: I can't  for the life of me  get them to work. I've sharpened them. Maybe I'm using them incorrectly. Anyone else have these?

b0303fced205250a49a981aaced71ff0.jpg

I'm not a fan of bevelers that don't have a groove to lay on the squared edge. Less idiot resistant in my opinion. Also, none of my bevelers have that sharp apex. Maybe that's just me. 

This type is my favorite make sure the end is at an angle 45 is close and after you polish the outside run a piece of 600 grit sand paper or higher across the inside 

Greg B

So, valafar, does the 45 degree angle take the place of the groove in others? And, do the straight sides of the "v" cut shave flat angles on the edge? Never used one like that. Maybe I need to broaden my horizons.

Jeff

Thanks guys...I think its a question of finding the right angle. I really bought them on a whim. As I altrady have a good set of edgers, I think Ill try to flip them...