Sign in to follow this  
SteveHolt

Stamp Identification Help

Hello good people,

I was wondering if any of you guys and gals might know of a stamp similar to the one in the attached picture? Not sure if it’s an “X”-style geometric stamp or the diamond stamp I would need. Needing to do a row of these for a belt  

If anyone may be able to point me in the right direction, I’d be forever grateful.

Thanks and have a great weekend!G3cfkRi.jpg

Edited by SteveHolt

Looks to me like it was done with an embossing roll.  Don't see any joins that you would normally see if it was stamped.

Tom

My best guess would be a large plate stamp, the type you use in a press....

If there are not likely to be any copyright considerations, you could get a quote from arbelet12 (on this site) to have a stamp made. He's made a a custom stamp for me, plus I have 2 more custom stamps coming. He does great work at a very reasonable price.

I just noticed all the pebbling in the middle of the X's is identical. Maybe it was done with a roll or plate that was produced with just one image replicated to cover the roll or plate.

The pebbling in the two X are almost the same but not exactly. The differences are very, very subtle. Which would mean that each X was not done with the same tool.  I support the idea it was done with a wheel/roller stamp through a press

2 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

pebbling in the middle of the X's is identical

What I meant was the pebbling is so close to identical, but there are miniscule differences, so each X that can be seen was made from a different part of the roll or plate.

When it was produced, the roll or plate had the exact same pebbling pattern detailed onto each X on that roll or plate.

I sometimes use the same technique when I am making multiple identical components (or sections of components) on a laser.

Thank you all kindly for your answers. It is for a championship belt; just a one-time thing. 

Unfortunately I don’t have access to a press or embossing role; so I may have to look into getting a custom stamp made. One individual I spoke with who did a similar pattern had to tool the pebbling individually, so looks like this one might be a bit of a challenge!

Thanks again everyone for your time! I appreciate it so much. 

SH