kyrrk

Zip Around Wallet

Good day 

I am currently making a zip around wallet, I can't provide picture at the moment. I already punched hole on both inner and outer shell, but I'm having trouble attaching the cover. The holes just wont match. ;( any tips?

10 hours ago, kyrrk said:

The holes just wont match

On the few projects I have made, I have always layered the pieces together and punched (stitching chisel or rotary punch) right through all layers, so the holes match up exactly.

One item I made was so thick that my stitching chisel would go right through, so I went as far as possible, then dis-assembled the pieces and punched the pieces where the marks were not right through. I had a couple of holes out of line a little bit, on the back because I mistakenly leant the stitching chisel over a little when punching the back piece.

Thank you @Rockoboy

I've temporarily attached the outer shell, carefully marked holes, then remove and punched through before I glued and stitched together. It's difficult at first but I've managed to finish itIMG_20180611_18938.thumb.jpg.875c2b1f00c6b74a6bdee2eacbabaf2a.jpgIMG_20180611_29138.thumb.jpg.44dba37145ddc16bc4123bf643903b86.jpg

Well done @kyrrk. It does not matter how you have done it, you have finished with a high quality article with an excellent finish.

Looks great!

Gary