lemlem

Basketweave

I am stamping a basket weave on a project that has a stamp in the center (eagle, globe & anchor).  I have been drawing my start line above the center stamp and working my way down.  First problem is that they lines don't actually match up.  I know I can draw lines all the way down my project to maintain that part.  However, when I get to the first straight line passed my center stamp the basket weave isn't matching up.  The basket weave stamp isn't alternating like it should.  Is there a trick to getting the basket weave stamp to alternate.

No tricks, just slow and careful work - which no doubt you are doing

I would use a ball end modelling tool to lightly mark the straight lines either side of the centre stamping; that at least eliminates one mis-alignment possibility

Have you tried; instead of doing several complete lines, do the basket weave in a 'block' around the centre stamping, then working away from that towards the edge?

As you work across the center stamp the alternation of the basket weave is off.  So, when you get past the center stamp the basket weave does not line up.

I made a cell phone case last week and everything lined up and alternated perfectly.  For some reason I can't reproduce that.  Very frustrating!

Sometimes, its the stamp itself.  Especially if you rotate it without noticing.  They are not all equal.  Mark one side of the tool so you always use the same face.