This portfolio was done with 2 -3 oz veg tan with mahogany stain,  I was going to throw it away but wife wanted it. Lightly pricked the holes but the problem was I prick top layer with holes leaning left bottom leather holes leaned opposite, so when inserting the awl the hole spacing changed. Inside ok outside the holes got closer together making the thread smaller. Thread .08 mm. Posting mistakes may help others. Next time I’ll punch all the way through, I just wanted to make sure spacing was same on both sides, oh well I glue the front and back with cry spray

28DB3E4C-3B26-4683-955D-83449535E5DD.jpeg

FF2F245A-7D6C-4D23-915E-14CB1C970316.jpeg

Edited by mike6642
Left out text

Hard to tell, but it looks like the dye is a bit streaky.  I have had luck applying the initial coat in a circular fashion followed by linear strokes.  Make sure to wipe the dye in one direction only, no cross-hatch patterns.  I then apply carnauba or similar in a circular manner, and buff fairly firmly.  This removes any excess and helps with uniformity.  Glad your wife could use the project, you had a lot of work in it!

Here is another picture, the color is wrong, first pictures color was ok. I purposely dyed portfolio that way to get that effect, it looks really nice, the photo doesn’t do it justice 

Edited by mike6642
Text