On 6/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, BNEWTONP said:

My great grandfather was N. Porter. My grandfather kept individual records for more than 36,000 Porter saddles ever made. I have those saddle records. Perhaps you might locate the serial number. The serial number is found on the (near-side) stamped on the rear skirt, under the rear jockey.

7597.jpg

16512.jpg

I have serial number 9395 do you have any information on it?

I have a guy that has contacted me and has a N. Porter Saddle.

Serial #11474

Would love to make contact with you @BNEWTONP there are some museums that would love to talk with you as well. This would be awesome if we could digitize this catalog!

Hi, I recently acquired this N. Porter saddle. It's stamped with J313301 under the cantle.  I can't find any other stamp besides the makers stamp on the latigo keeper. Anyone have any info on it? Hoping to restore it.  Leather is good,  fleece and stirrup leathers need replacing.  

Screenshot_20201207-110813_Gallery.jpg

Edited by SarahBTack

On 6/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, BNEWTONP said:

My great grandfather was N. Porter. My grandfather kept individual records for more than 36,000 Porter saddles ever made. I have those saddle records. Perhaps you might locate the serial number. The serial number is found on the (near-side) stamped on the rear skirt, under the rear jockey.

7597.jpg

16512.jpg

I just stumbled on this thread. I have a beautiful Porter saddle and would love to get any information on it if you're able to! The numbers on it are: PAT NO. 2666285 and Q35330 (possibly Q35430). It looks as though a 3 and a 4 were stamped in the same place. I have only just created an account on this forum to contact you so if you could email reply I would so very much appreciate it! laurenalexander.me@gmail.com

I haven't quite figured out how to add photos just yet, but I could definitely email them to you.

Thank you!

-Lauren

Hi everyone, interesting post, I just happen to have one of the saddles serial number T902 made by N PORTER CO TUCSON ARIZONA  I’ll post some pics when I figure out how to do it from this page, lol, maybe I can get some info on it, it will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

On 6/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, BNEWTONP said:

I have a porter saddle and it has swastikas stamped in it.. I was looking for a number stamped and could not find one, but after I lifted the price be hind the canal I found 821.

I have a porter saddle that has been in the barn for years and I drug it out to see what it was.. it is in rough shape.. I read about porter saddles and this one has swastikas stamped in it... I read were there was 36,000 of these saddles made... I looked for a number and found a number of 821 behind the canal under the leather..not sure what the oldest one out there is but I would have to say this one is old.. is there anyone that would like to restore it back to original or maybe there is someone to tell me if my info is correct.  
Respectfully

Justin

Hello I am looking for the receipt for my n porter saddle serial number t147 could you help me? The original owner was macabee 

On 6/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, Rockoboy said:

What a magnificent resource. Have these records been preserved on microfiche, CD, hard drive or computer record of some sort? 

I am looking for a copy of my receipt for my saddle and  wanted to know if I could be mailed a copy by any chance.  The id number on the saddle is T147.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.  The original owner was a man with the name macabee 

Good Afternoon:

Please forgive the tardy reply. I'll need more than (T417). Please locate and forward a complete serial number.

Thanks,

BNP

Hello, All and BNEWTONP:

I am clearing up my father's things.  I am not a horsewoman, but I see he has an N Porter saddle that has some deterioration on the cantle and the seat.  It is pretty dusty because it has been sitting in a tack room in Colorado for years although Dad did live in Phoenix for several years so I'm guessing that's when he got the saddle before coming to Colorado.  The saddle has the Porter logo that is an oval with the words "N. Porter Phoenix Ariz" but no steer head in the stamp.  Like the photo SmithS posted.  It also has a card (right term?) that says "N. Porter Phoenix, Ariz  Genuine Trophy" and the name Kenny (which is NOT my dad's name!) stamped into the back of the seat. I see a serial number of 032969 and another mark of PAT No. 2666285.  I am not sure what to do with this saddle--is it worth getting restored?  I would like to honor and "do right" by both my father and N. Porter.  I'm not sure how to insert photos here.  I hope someone can help me solve the mystery of Kenny's saddle!

On 6/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, BNEWTONP said:

7597.jpg

16512.jpg

I have saddle number 295 and another I can’t find numbers on. Do you have any info on the 295??   If so, would you kindly respond. I believe it was made for a friend. Rolland S. Who recently passed.   Thank you do much

Rich

On 7/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, SaddleBags said:

Shot,

Porter made in Phoenix and there is still a shop in that area.  All of the Porters that I have refurbished had a card on the near bar aft of the cantle with the necessary information.  I did one that was made in 1906, I believe, and another that was made in the late 1920s.  They're easy to work on and nice to have around.  I have two of my own (old ones). Central Coast here.

Hey neighbor not sure where you are on the central coast? Assuming California? I live in Nipomo and have a friend of the family's who is trying to sell a Lee Robinson saddle. Any idea where I can go for an valuation?

Hello, I would love to find out more information about a porter saddle I acquired. Serial #14213. Thank you for any help and @BNEWTONP that is a priceless resource you have there. Beautiful, just beautiful!

I inherited a saddle from my late husband.  He said it belonged to his step-father's father.  I would appreciate any info you might have on it.  The serial number is 11540.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, CMason3 said:

I inherited a saddle from my late husband.  He said it belonged to his step-father's father.  I would appreciate any info you might have on it.  The serial number is 11540.

I will add to my list of build cards to pull.

Email is dkmiddl@yahoo.com. Recently acquired N Porter saddle serial no 29816. In good shape & has some work done it. Wasn’t aware of N Porter saddlery, just liked the saddle. My son plans on using the saddle. Excited to learn about the history & quality of work. If you can provide any additional information I would appreciate it

My Porter saddle has a serial number of 16087 under the left rear skirt, basket weave. Looks like the 1940's series. any card information?

Thanks

Did Mr. Porter make saddles in Phoenix before he started stamping numbers on them? I have my grandfather's saddle which is stamped "N. Porter Phoenix Arizona" on the back of the cantle, but I haven't found a number anywhere.

I stumbled across this thread, just doing research on a few N. Porter saddles. I have two of the N. Porter saddles that belonged to my grandfather and great grandfather that I would love to find information on. My grandfather even kept one of the order books. 

Good evening,

i have recently acquired a saddle that has some nohokos ( swastika ) stamping it is numbered 981 can anyone tell me anything about this saddle?

On 3/5/2023 at 10:45 PM, Stevens6 said:

Good evening,

i have recently acquired a saddle that has some nohokos ( swastika ) stamping it is numbered 981 can anyone tell me anything about this saddle?

Can you post pictures of this saddle?  That might help.