Sign in to follow this  
Prince

Introduction

Hey, I'll keep it brief as I'm eager to get back out to the shop to work on my new designs. I've had a break from leather and am ready to get back to it. I was apprenticed for a short while (Read: "Free Labor") but for varying reasons I dropped out of that mess to pursue other ventures. Unfortunately though, mundane work just seems so undesirable so I'm hoping to make some kind of funds from my craft. I'm 22 and am looking to also start college finally with the main ambition of producing a large scale game I have in mind.

Currently I'm working on my own unique designs for armor and other leather stuff. I can do some wood working if need be and I may expand into metal working if I make enough from leather to finish off the tool selection for a metal shop.

I'm hoping to get advice from some of you folks along the way. I'm pretty creative but have much to learn about leatherworking.

Real name's Samuel by the way.

Welcome, Samuel. Great to have you here.

Samuel,

Welcome to the great leather forum.

Holy Hell! I get busy with my leather work and playing with my leather sewing machine and look what I miss??

I just had a look at the leather armor in your other post and let me just tell you, my jaw just bounced off my desk.

All I can say is WOW!

You need to come up to New England. Not only do we have a rather large Ren Faire circuit in easy driving distance, we have two pretty good sized larps. Nero and Mythical Journeys.

Check out www.nerennies.com. There is info about all the fairs in New England and then check out the forum there.

BTW - your female armor is awesome. Can I post your stuff into my Live Journal?

Edited by Hoyden