All,

I have been trying to research and figure out exactly what model this is.  I am looking at getting an economical solution for my sewing needs and came across a listing for this machine.  If anyone has any insight on what model this is it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

00909_aVHDmulaJ8i_600x450.jpg.fb96dd61d01e6973e56752e464e15477.jpgIMG_9127.jpg.8bf3e915d5f6ad7981cf7053e644cc66.jpgIMG_9130.jpg.d8c696976294bc442b8d2dc443dc36a0.jpg

Chandler sold some re-badged machines made by other manufacturers. They may have contracted a few machine to be sold solely under the Chandler label. They produce some machines themselves, too. I'd say this is an original Chandler since the plate clearly states "MFD by CHANDLER MFG Co. Aver, Mass. U.S.A."

You can always ask them directly since they still exist: http://www.chandlermachineco.com/

Chandler Darner.jpg

In any case, you probably know it's a darning machine, others may not. No feed mechanism at all. You move the material by hand. Below's a video of how to use one of these machines. Great for repairing jeans, not so great for sewing leather.

Edited by Uwe

I saw these feet on quilting machines, but it looks like the guy in the video uses it for darning, which is very similar.

Indeed, quilting is very similar to darning - the main difference is what moves and what is fixed. On quilting machines you freely move the whole machine around and the material is fixed. On darning machines the machine is fixed and you move the material around freely.

You are thinking those rail mounted quilting machines. I was referring to regular single needle machines set up for quilting by changing the foot and removing feed dog :)

Yes, the quilting machine in the video below is what I was thinking of. Mounting the Chandler on a frame would give essentially the same effect, minus the computer wizardry. 

I  own one these Vintage Chandler  Darning / mending  machines. (  On delivery it was  missing the bobbin case,   bobbins,  needles and manual -)          Hope some one can help me out here.   Can't use the machine until  I  can  get the missing parts!