I thought it'd be a good idea to take the air brush to this piece to give it some flavor but ended up with something I don't quite like. Its still usable but I read on the fiebings dye quart bottles that the deglazer stuff can take dye up and was wondering if anyone here had any experience using it. These are going to go on the elbow section of an armor harness I'm making. Nevermind the odd designs on the flat section, an overlay is going there. If deglazer wont lift the black any, anyone ever messed with coloring wings, like on eagles or something that might share with me a tip or two? The theme of the armor is gryphon oriented. in fact, the helmet is going to be a gryphon head with articulated visor and removable lower beak mask... sounds odd I'm sure but wait till I'm done. lol then it'll be really odd to most of you I'm certain. : )

oh and I was going for black feathers with gold/yellow tips/edges. And the color theme of the customer's armor is black and yellow.

IMG_2805b.jpg

IMG_2804b.jpg

post-2541-1184470516_thumb.jpg

post-2541-1184470528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azmal

Well, I went ahead fixed them in my own way so I guess never mind... Now I've gotta figure out a way to make them match up better. the gold looks out of place but it does at least show the tooling better.

IMG_2806_copy.jpg

post-2541-1184490513_thumb.jpg

I think you did a hell of a save! I'd love to see more pics of your work, too.

Johanna

I think you did a hell of a save! I'd love to see more pics of your work, too.

Johanna

Thanks, I'm sure I can mange to pull up some more work. I'll post some up soon

Wow! Really nice save. So, did the de-glazer work at all, or did you try it? Seems it never works for me. In fact, I've never been able to even lighten dye once it hits the leather.

Didn't have any to try. I kept messing with trying to dye it to look better and just covered it all gold. Doesn't really match the theme but it works and I think it looks better than had I left it flat yellow or black.