Sign in to follow this  

Made for a friend

Something I finished up for a friend at work....He seemed to like it.

Dave Theobald

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

post-327-1184546007_thumb.jpg

post-327-1184546026_thumb.jpg

post-327-1184546046_thumb.jpg

post-327-1184546062_thumb.jpg

Beautiful job, David. Once again, I am humbled. :crazy:

He should like it, that's great work.

David,

Again, some very nice work. What did you use for the liner?

Ken

Eh David that is nice i really do like the way you carve the initials do you do it free hand or do you have a patern to save time great job,Don

Eh David that is nice i really do like the way you carve the initials do you do it free hand or do you have a patern to save time great job,Don

The letters were something I drew myself. The lining is 1.5oz kip from Tandy....The leather is 6oz from the scrap bin.

Any idea what I should charge for this thing? Not being a holster maker, I have no idea.

Dave Theobald

David, I've bought similarly styled holsters without the tooling and braiding for around $70. It really matters how much time you have in it and what your time is worth. I wouldn't have a problem paying $85- $100 for it.

David, I've bought similarly styled holsters without the tooling and braiding for around $70. It really matters how much time you have in it and what your time is worth. I wouldn't have a problem paying $85- $100 for it.

Thanks Grumpy,

This guy is a friend so I told him $60.....He said he had a LOT of buddies who will want one when they see his.... I told him that the price for his friends is $90.... I think I have about 10-12 hours in it......maybe less. It sounds like I hit it about right.....for his friends at least.

Dave Theobald......thanks again

David 90 is a reasonable price have you seen some of the crap thats out there on the net..... you did a very nice job on it and spent a lot of time to details and made a top clas unique quality holster,Don

David 90 is a reasonable price have you seen some of the crap thats out there on the net..... you did a very nice job on it and spent a lot of time to details and made a top clas unique quality holster,Don

Wow, that's high praise coming from the holster master.....thanks much Don. It is much appreciated. I do a lot of motorcycle seats; but hardly any holsters....I've now done a total of 3....one for my Ohio State Highway Patrol son, one for an FBI agent in Atlanta, GA. and now this one for a friend at work. So, I really haven't seen what's out there on the net.....nor have I looked at prices on what's available....

Thanks again Don,

Dave Theobald