Flashmojo

First Couple of Real Leather Projects

My First leather projects that didn't included a baseball glove! Been re-lacing and breaking in gloves for years, decided to try my hand at tooling and absolutely love it!

The Journal was the first tooling project and holster was the first sewing project! I also made a baseball glove "pounding pad" with molded foam blocks inside, just couldn't stay away from the gloves. :) 

Bonus Cattle Brand popping through the dye on latest learning project.

20180723_003252.jpg

20180907_214155.jpg

20180821_232204-COLLAGE.jpg

PhotoGrid_1536123914353.jpg

Edited by Flashmojo

Yeah, that brand is a bonus! Never seen that before. Was it latent? Only showed up when you stained it?

Nice job on all the projects.

Jeff

35 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Yeah, that brand is a bonus! Never seen that before. Was it latent? Only showed up when you stained it?

Nice job on all the projects.

Jeff

Yes is was clean vegtan in a Tandy Kit never saw anything and just It showed up after I stained it.

Oh my, I have to say I was so relieved to keep reading and see that the pounding pad was not the tooled portfolio. Lol

It all looks great and it looks like you're having fun. That's the important part.

Keep it up.

Yeah, that brand is super cool! Keep it up man, it's such a fun and useful hobby that can easily pay for itself or transition into more. I really enjoy it. Haven't had a bad day in my leather shop!

16 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Oh my, I have to say I was so relieved to keep reading and see that the pounding pad was not the tooled portfolio. Lol

It all looks great and it looks like you're having fun. That's the important part.

Keep it up.

Well as a guy who journals... I would say it all depends on what kind of day you've had. Some days the pounding pad maybe the better choice!
Bossier City... I'm already craving some Monjunis!

16 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Yeah, that brand is super cool! Keep it up man, it's such a fun and useful hobby that can easily pay for itself or transition into more. I really enjoy it. Haven't had a bad day in my leather shop!

Thank You BattleMunky... I love how my tooling improves with every little project. Especially since, I am just now passed the "well that's embarrassing" projects! My favorite part though, is that my 9y/o is getting interested. He did the stamps on the back of the holster.

39 minutes ago, Flashmojo said:

Well as a guy who journals... I would say it all depends on what kind of day you've had. Some days the pounding pad maybe the better choice!
Bossier City... I'm already craving some Monjunis!

You can have it, I'm not much on real Italian.