christophernejman

New-Tech GC-8B Cylindrical Bed Compound Feed Lockstitch Industrial Sewing Machine

Does anyone have this machine and if so, how do you like it?
New-Tech GC-8B Cylindrical Bed Compound Feed Lockstitch Industrial Sewing Machine.

8B (1).jpg

Looks like a clone of the Seiko CW-8B, a popular machine. It's a cylinder-bed upholstery-weight triple-feed lockstitch sewing machine with a vertical axis (top-feeding) bobbin.

What do you want to know/use it for?

Hi Matt, 
Leather bags to sew around the top closure.
I currently have a Consew 227R and it keeps breaking threads and going out of timing.
I have had it to the only industrial repair shop around 4 times now. He even changed the feed dogs, plate and shuttle case, etc.,  and it sews a couple bags then breaks again. I refuse to put any more money into it. I bought it used from a factory in Orlando, Florida that used it to make nylon bags.
Local repair guy said to get rid of it. He even repaired it when the factory owned it I found out.

The issue I am having right now is the feet for the Consew fit my Juki. I have invested in feet.
This New Tech looks like the same body and takes the same feet as my Consew 227R and my Juki flatbed.

Do I take a risk and buy this New Tech?
Will I have the same issues as the Consew 227R down the road?
I watched the video on youtube for this New Tech and it seems to sew great on heavy leather.

So I wanted to know if anyone else had it and uses it for leather?
Thanks.

Atlas Levy seems to have the same machine under their brand.
AtlasUSA AT8 B Cylinder Industrial Sewing machine

This machine type (Consew 227R) is cloned under countless brands. This is Goldstar Tool's house brand, just as Atlas Levy has their Atlas brand, Sunny Sewing has Thor, etc etc.

I would look for a dealer close to you and buy from them. Even if it's a bit of a drive (my Juki dealer is 2 hours from here, 3 in traffic) Don't buy a cheap machine from a dealer on the other side of the country unless you know you want to deal with it when things go wrong, or have an expensive local tech make it right.

Bring in samples of what you want to sew, get matched up with the exact right machine. You will be happier to have the support, and down the road a little extra money you might have to spend won't even be something you remember - but you will never forget a nightmare machine.

I visited Atlas Levy a few weeks ago and the Atlas machines in their show room - well I'll just say they were not impressive. Some looked like they had been sitting for years untouched, and one seemed to be almost frozen with some surface rust on it. I considered buying one of their machines once, but after seeing them in person  and the operation in general, I (personally) would look elsewhere.

(that sounded harsh) I will say they were very attentive and helpful at Atlas, even though they were slammed with customers in a cramped store I just didn't like the machines.

I don't see why this new machine won't do that job you want @christophernejman, so long as you don't intend to use thread larger than V138 (207 might be alright in the needle, with 138 in the bobbin). The machine design is very capable of what you want, but as with many things the devil is in the detail. On this site we have several sewing machine dealers who sponsor us to keep the doors open and the data flowing. They have excellent reputations for customer service and product knowledge. Perhaps you might like to consider buying your machine from one of them.

@R8R,
Thank you for that reply. WOW! 
I visited AL when I was in LA and he was quite helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. Though I am in Florida and he is LA, he went out of his way for me several times. I bought a skiver from him when I was there and he shipped it to me in Florida.
I even shot a video of his store when I was there.
He gets a lot of repos from factories. So the rust you may have seen might be machines that were repossessed from fallen factories.

Per local, the only store that repairs these industrial machines could not repair my Consew 227r and said every Consew 227R he got in was crap. OK. So they are crap or he did not know the secret to fixing it? I do not know. Nice people, but I am beyond frustrated with this Consew.

Anyway, the nearest places for industrial machines are 4 hours away in Miami.
My friend went to Atlanta (8 hours away) to buy her machines for her holster factory and she has had a hard time finding a repair person to come to her factory for repairs.

Well, I guess no one owns the machine in question to give me the feedback I need.
I wanted to get feedback from someone who actually owns one.
Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

Your post is only 7 hours old - you may need to be patient - the majority of members haven’t even seen it yet. 

15 minutes ago, christophernejman said:

Well, I guess no one owns the machine in question to give me the feedback I need.
I wanted to get feedback from someone who actually owns one.