i'll post this weeks work here. it will be self explanitory

the color is tandy all in one med brn.

with a coat of leather balm on it.sorry about the smuges.

but things happen.

(regis, well do i keep the tools or get rid of them)

P2150011.JPG

post-1906-1201931217_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Hatley

Luke, Looks Great! Is that whole piece leather? I love the nicknames of the guys! I knew a one eyed guy named "spazz" :spoton:

Nice Job!

thanks Scouter. yes that is one pc of leather.

22x34... nicknames are something.

my connection with the club is "ICEMAN"

looks good luke. i

like the smuges

That's really cool,Luke! I still want to read the book on the Booze Fighters, I believe the name is "The Original Wild Ones". I read a snippet somewhere where a member said they were more about bar fights and speeding tickets than anything else.

That's really cool,Luke! I still want to read the book on the Booze Fighters, I believe the name is "The Original Wild Ones". I read a snippet somewhere where a member said they were more about bar fights and speeding tickets than anything else.

MABEY THEY USE TO BE..dont tell them i said it" just a bunch of ole Bikers that

ride Harleys, drink beer and keep their noses clean."

several in the Club keep me busy..

That's a really cool piece. Next time you do one, try using extra virgin olive oil instead of any kind of dye. With a few light coats, you'll end up with about the same color with no smudges. If you want it darker, apply the oil and set it in the sun for a while. That may be difficult this time of year depending on where you live, but the more coats and the more sun, the darker it will get. Kind of a fool proof way to get a rich brown.

Kathy

I tried oiling my yaks, but they get too slippery.

Edited by yaklady

MABEY THEY USE TO BE..dont tell them i said it" just a bunch of ole Bikers that ride Harleys, drink beer and keep their noses clean."several in the Club keep me busy..
I won't say anything,I don't want you to lose that customer base.
That's a really cool piece. Next time you do one, try using extra virgin olive oil instead of any kind of dye. With a few light coats, you'll end up with about the same color with no smudges. If you want it darker, apply the oil and set it in the sun for a while. That may be difficult this time of year depending on where you live, but the more coats and the more sun, the darker it will get. Kind of a fool proof way to get a rich brown. KathyI tried oiling my yaks, but they get too slippery.
Or you could try using 60w Harley oil! Edited by bustedlifter

Or you could try using 60w Harley oil!

Oh My! Wouldn't that have a fabulous odor! It might be cheaper.

yaklady, thank you.... yes after it was done, i was not happy.

i do have another one and i have ordered Wickett & Craig chestnut color leather.

small pcs of work & dark color one can get away with flub ups.

But large pcs are trouble.

Edited by Luke Hatley

I have never tried W&C's colored leather. Let me know how it works. Yes, small pieces are much easier than the big ones, and that one was real big! The extra virgin olive oil has never failed me, even on big pieces. Well, maybe it wasn't too great on cheap leather. I stay away form that stuff now.

I have never tried W&C's colored leather. Let me know how it works. Yes, small pieces are much easier than the big ones, and that one was real big! The extra virgin olive oil has never failed me, even on big pieces. Well, maybe it wasn't too great on cheap leather. I stay away form that stuff now.

i will let you know about the color of the W & C leather.

and........(with all the negaitive i had from myself) i was given the go ahead on 3 more 22"x22" .. i musta did

something right.

Edited by Luke Hatley