Sign in to follow this  
trickydaze

Durkopp 241-5

Just picked up a durkopp 241-5 sewing machine with  original table, I can find information on the machine but its all in German. Does anyone know what similar machine might have the same parts? My findings show singer 111w machines have similar parts but I'm not really sure. I need a right side side plate that covers bobbin housing and few other things. I own a Brother LS2-B837 and the feet are the same but the Brother is a larger machine over all.  Thanks for any info.

The Dürkopp 241 has several internal parts in common with the Singer 111 as well as the tension unit. I probably have a slide plate if not I can compare with a 111. I´l post the result later

Singer 111 right slide plate fits but is a bit shorter.

I would look for a Singer 212 or 112 LEFT side slide plate and shorten it! The left slide plate of the 212 / 112 is longer since the 212 / 112 are double needle machines with 2 hooks so the left slide plate also has the indentation (right word?) on the backside for the hook.

for instance:

https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/slide-plate-singer-223853.aspx

Below picture shows Dürkopp 241 plate and Singer 111 plate (left side)

EDIT:

I do not have spares - sorry

IMG_2978.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you very much. Sorry I did not reply sooner had carpal tunnel surgery Tuesday and just now getting to this. Thanks for the info. I will look into that.

I have issues with carpal tunnel as well - both wrists. Sooo - is it better now? They cut the band that goes over the finger nerves, right?

Much better I was to the point of no sleep. My left hand is not as bad. Hopefully this will do the trick. Yes they call it a release. Pretty much just cut the tendon that is pinching off the nerves. I have two boat interior jobs to do but I have to wait 5 weeks. So that will be the test. I ordered the plate for the durkopp waiting to get it. I will let you know how that turns out.

I know that - My issues started in 2006 when I did massive handwork for several weeks when I put a roof on the garage. Writs and arms hurt so bad I was not able to sleep for a few nights - not much problems during the day but at night it was a horror. Then I got a cortisone shots in each wrist - that cured it for a while but since then I live with it and when it gets really bad again (when I did lots of handwork again) I get C. shots again. And since then it never really stopped. Meanwhile I can live with it because I know when I did a lot of handwork I need a rest for a few days and then it comes down to "sufferable level" but I still feel it. So seems I need the surgery one day...

Wondering if the surgery really does the trick - I´ll ask again in a few weeks! Thanks for sharing your experience!

C,

From what I hear, surgery cures for a while but it  comes back over time.  My late aunt had it done years ago and went back to work in about 3-4 months.  Two years later it was back and she had to retire on disability.  Not fun.

My brother had it done about ten years ago and he says he is golden now and is still very active with his hands. So I'm hoping for the same results.

20190223_090732.thumb.jpg.44c8b8481b2a7cc4bd461469dafe8416.jpgSorry for delay in replies, been in Florida recouping from carpal tunnel surgery. I was away from computer. Anyway I'm three months post op and hand feels 100% now, other that if I bang the area of cut. Doctor said it was one of the worst he has seen, because I left it go so long. So if you have it and your still working your hands get it done it's worth it, my hand feels great. I'm into my first upholstery job and all is good. I have a few before and after pics. My cut was very large because of the severity, My bothers cuts are much smaller in size. Oh and thanks constabulary on slide plate info the singer 112 plate cut down worked perfect.

20181120_134438.jpg

Some cases diagnosed as carpal tunnel are actually problems in the shoulder.  Note, I said some, so don't take it that carpal tunnel is fake.  It really is a problem for some as you see above.  I know a woman that had carpal tunnel surgery on one wrist 3 times and even with trying to avoid tasks that would irritate or increase the risk of its return, it still kept coming back.  She was finally referred to an assessment clinic where they look at all the possibilities.  Her problems all originated in her shoulder and propagated down her arm.  I don't recall the treatment she had, but think it was physio for the most part because I don't remember her having another surgery.  Anyhow, it's no longer a problem for her.  To bad our doctors aren't all perfect!  Would help with so many of our complaints!

Tom

I hear ya there. I'm a retired diesel/ heavy  truck mechanic of 30 plus years, so along with all the upholstery work and wrenching mine was long over due. There saying now that  it can be hereditary and my brother had both hands done at least ten years ago. We both had the same hand surgeon and his is all good. We will see in time if mine holds up. :thumbsup: