Sign in to follow this  
ABB

Veg Tanned Leather Holster questions

Hello all!  I'm making my first pancake style holster and was curious if anyone wet forms it to the gun?  The template I have doesn't mention wet forming it and I'm concerned that if I do the formed piece will no loger fit.  Thoughts?

What template?  Probably some ARE meant to be wet formed, and some are NOT. :dunno:  Which do you have?

OH.. well that guy SUCKS.  But you "could' wet form that, it will work :whistle:

Just WET the leather - don't SOAK it. I generally get it a little wet, OPEN it up with your finger or a stick, and then dunk it in water for a couple of seconds.  Idea is to get the moisture going THRU the holster.

Well "that guy"s patterns are the best I have seen.  If you do your part and follow the stitch lines you will end up with a holster that is a great fit to your gun.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, JLSleather said:

OH.. well that guy SUCKS.  But you "could' wet form that, it will work :whistle:

Just WET the leather - don't SOAK it. I generally get it a little wet, OPEN it up with your finger or a stick, and then dunk it in water for a couple of seconds.  Idea is to get the moisture going THRU the holster.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:39 AM, Hildebrand said:

Well "that guy"s patterns are the best I have seen.  If you do your part and follow the stitch lines you will end up with a holster that is a great fit to your gun.

He is that guy :)!!! 

I don't always laugh at Jeff's comments but I dang sure did on this one! 

Happy Thanksgiving folks!