I just got an old singer 111w152 and it’s super fast with the clutch. If I install a servo will it slow it down enough to use for small items or will I need a speed reducer on it as well? 

Depends a bit on the servo as some appear to have better control than others. Regardless, a servo will be an instant improvement, fit a smaller (2") pulley on the motor and give it a try. If it's still not what you want then either fit a larger pulley in place of the handwheel or fit a reducer.

1 hour ago, Clintock said:

Appreciate the response. Found a Rex servo online for $106 US dollars. I’m assumimg a 3/4 hp 550w will be enough to pull this machine. 

It will, if it has a 50mm (2") or smaller pulley. When set to their slowest startup speeds (for controlled detailed leather sewing), these motors have much less torque than the rated amount. That happens at a certain speed. The smallest possible pulley will slow down the machine speed and let the motor rev higher at any sewing speed, thereby transmitting more torque to the mechanism.

Find out first if the motor you are looking at has a minimum start speed measured in hundreds of rpm, rather than a gradual ramp up from zero. Push button servo motors are notorious for starting with a bump at a few hundred rpm.

Disclosure: I have been using servo motors with brushes and speed limiter pots for several years. They start at zero and need 2" pulleys to punch through most leather until I get the speed up to several stitches per second. They seem to come into their own power range around 5 stitches per second.

Adding a 3:1 speed reducer really changes the dynamic. The larger the balance wheel pulley, the more torque that is delivered for any motor or pulley configuration. This also applies to clutch motors.