alpinelite

Old Pfaff 335 motor exchage

Hello,

newbie here looking for help to decide with what power servo motor old Pfaff 335 would work well. I recently bought the old Pfaff 335 and want to replace the heavy/noisy clutch motor it came with.

Local Jack servo motors supplier said that this size machine needs at least 750W servo to work well but I was reading that 550W servo works just as great. Anyone made the swap for 550W and how does it work for you?

I am planning to use machine as binder to bind the bags edge. Bags are mostly made with up to 1000D cordura fabric and have multiple layers of fabric and webbing (backpacks etc.). Will not sew heavy leather just upholstery fakes. 

Options I was looking at are:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/JK-511A-1-220V-550W-SERVO-3_4-HP-MOTOR-WITH-NEEDLE-POSITION

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/JK-561A-220V-750W%3d1HP-SERVO-MOTOR

Sorry if the topic was already started but I couldn't find the info.

Much Obliged

Only a minor difference in price. You won't regret the 750w, but you *might* regret the 550w.

You still need plenty of punch to get through 1000D nylon.

Get information on the slowest speed it will do according to the experts on this forum some are able to do 100sm whilst others start at 300sm, hopefully one of the experts will be along with expert advice on the makes

I'm running a 550w on my 335, mind you I have a 45mm pulley on the motor and a 200mm on the head unit! No problems with power, it will go through whatever I can fit under the feet. Personally, I doubt if there's much difference between those two motors, judging by the brochure.