Hi everyone, 

I recently purchased a singer 132k6 and have gradually been moving through the machine and fixing some minor issues. I'm stuck on how to set the hook-needle gap. At the moment I'm using organ 214 system needles and the hook grazes the needle which I'm sure is the reason I'm dropping stitches.

I don't see a lot of room for adjustment of the lateral position of the hook, but I'm sure an adjustment like this must be possible. I see 3 screws on the hook itself which I imagine are used to set the position of the hook relative to the needle travel, but are these also used to set the gap? Has anyone worked with these machines before? Do I need to try a different needle system? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Best, 

John

Download the Seiko SK8 manual from this thread - it gives you the instruction you need on Page 12. Great manual - lots of useful information!

Edited by Constabulary

5 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Download the Seiko SK8 manual from this thread - it gives you the instruction you need on Page 12. Great manual - lots of useful information!

Thank you soo much!! I will look into it :)