Sign in to follow this  
shirleyz

Braided bracelets

I'm new to braiding. Thought I'd try a few bracelets. I didn't want to go with the traditional fasteners, because I for one can't fasten them on myself. So I went with snaps.

bracelet_001.jpg

Bracelets_002.jpg

Bracelets_004.jpg

post-92-1156924283_thumb.jpg

post-92-1156924371_thumb.jpg

post-92-1156924414_thumb.jpg

There you go again Shirley, doing something you haven't done before and making it look like you have been doing it for years! Those are really nice. My wife makes me put snaps on the ones I make for her too. I kind of like the leather strap closure myself. Can I ask how you did the variations from the one on the video? I have made a couple dozen of these already and new variations would be fun to try.

Clay

Okay Clay,

As soon as I figure out how to put it in words, or perhaps photos would be easier, I'll post it. Hey, this will be my first lesson!

Shirley

Shirley, bringing this topic back to the top, can you help with the braid pattern you used for the black concho bracelet? Looks like you used a leather strap backing and braided the three separate strands?

Awesome work, Shirley !! I'd love to see patterns.

Me too, I want to see some patterns. These look very nice. I am always looking for new projects to do especially braiding.

I haven't seen Shirley around here for quite awhile. I hope everything is going ok with her and that she'll see this topic revived and respond to it. The bracelets in the center picture are similar to the ones Rene Berends shows in one of his videos (used to be available from Hidecrafter, might still be) Shirley has more pictures of these bracelets on her website and in them, you can see a little better how she punched the holes for the lacing.

Leatheroo helped me make some like the center pics.